Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

@NicholasB_vzw, was that sarcasm you gave to Pdubya? Because I am certain that he does not feel like 4.3 is in place to keep his phone up to date and improve overall performance.

@AyaniB_vzw, everyone, except, apparently vzw, knows what is "causing the problem"! Its the 4.3 "update"!

The question is what is Verizon and Samsung doing about it?!?!?

@daddyattitude, actually the 4.3 was suspended by Samsung last November. Why would they start it up, again, WITHOUT FIXING IT?!?!?

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=samsung+suspends+4.3+november+2013&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&...

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PhoneUser1000,

We know how important it is to have a long-lasting battery and we want to help you extend it as much as possible. There's many steps to take such as http://vz.to/1j1jgs5 and extending it with this http://vz.to/1d7oKxy .Please keep us posted if this helps.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SC-Claim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me understand your reasoning with your suggestion - we should disable features of the phone, which were part of the reason we all wanted smartphones and chose the SG3 in the first place - so we can save battery performance?  What a load of bull.

Why not tell us to just uninstall all of our apps and features and simply use the device as nothing more than a phone.  Maybe we should go back to the future of flip phones.

You guys really should be forwarding these complaints to IT development at VZ and Samsung before you irreparably damage the brand instead of giving us non-solutions.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
nvrgvup43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like everyone else I am also having major problems with my battery life (not only draining at an incredible rate but it takes twice as long to charge), the phone freezes when moving between apps and the camera flash goes on/off when the phone rings!! So my husband, who is getting his push update tonight (unless he can keep delaying it!) called Verizon and then Samsung.  Verizon is singing the same song...do a factory reset...clean your cache...uninstall apps...but of course we Samsung GS3 owners know better.  It does not work.  They offered to send us new phones...wow do they actually hear themselves.  Why on earth would a new phone or rather a refurbished phone work better than my current one??? It will have the same update!! Then the Verizon agent blamed Samsung for creating an update that doesn't interface with third party applications. So that means if I do a factory reset...then logically I am removing all the third party apps and the phone should work fine.  But again we GS3 owners know the factory reset doesn't work. So we called Samsung next.  I am flabbergasted by what the Samsung employee told my husband....He blamed it on Verizon! He stated that Verizon chose to push the update differently than Samsung had planned and that this was the cause of all the problems we are having.  He said that Samsung did nothing wrong...it was all Verizon.  Why do I feel like I am back in grade school watching children point fingers at each other with "he did it, not me"!!!  Grow up and take responsibility for your actions and fix it!!! We have filed a complaint with the FCC. I don't know if this will accomplish something but I'll try anything at this point since we aren't getting any help from Verizon or Samsung.  I do know that I will be taking my business elsewhere if this problem is not fixed.  I have 6 phones on my account so I am sure there is a carrier out there that would be happy to have my money! We find this incredibly insulting that Samsung and Verizon actually believe that they can treat their customers this way with no consequence.  After all, we are the ones that keep them in business!!!

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
andyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

the advice/suggestions i got from Verizon tech was factory reset or if i want buy new phone. Verizon tech puts OS responsibility on manufacturer ie Samsung so guess ill pay Verizon for services that are quickly becoming inaccessible while i beg Samsung to quickly issue a working fix for the "upgrade" they issued that Verizon pushed. 10 years ago i liked tech and playing with it now i just want my stuff to do what i pay for. guess ill thank Verizon and Samsung equally in advance.

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

Since the S4 was not sufficiently improved over the S3 to entice folks to jump on it, my wife's theory is that Samsung and Verizon purposely screwed up the S3, in order to improve sales of the, yet to be released, S5.

I tell you, I have no grounds for an argument against this idea.

The unhelpful, canned suggestions, from vzw staff, don't provide any deterrent to this line of thinking, either.

I plan to call Verizon, tomorrow and let them know that I won't be paying my bill until they fix the S3, to our satisfaction.

pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

Canned and unhelpful suggestion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boychik0830-

We are here to save the day. What's going on with your device? What kind of issues are you facing? Please provide us with some details. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

nvrgvup43, I have been seeing TV commercials, stating that T-Mobile will pay your entire family's early termination fee.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

It's up to $300.00 per line to switch. However from what I've read GS3 users are having issues on other carriers as well. I'm going to sit tight and wait for an update. Verizon can't fix the issue. The patch has to come from Samsung. It's Samsung's device and software. I'm faulting Samsung more than Verizon. These updates are "supposed" to be tested thoroughly prior to sending to the carrier. This was a HUGE fail. An update should be a priority to Samsung. The GS5 is coming out in the next couple of months. They need to keep their loyal fan base happy. This would lead me to believe the GS3 will either receive a patch to 4.3 or go straight to 4.4 Kit Kat. If this is not resolved in a timely manner I will seriously consider going back to an HTC phone or a Motorola. Apple would be my last resort unless the iPhone 6 is truly revolutionary....not counting on that. LOL. To all the users reading this post....there are no fixes available for the bugs in 4.3.

To the Verizon reps: Please stop trying to act like you can save the day when there are no fixes to this issue. Giving users false hope is just wrong. Post an official statement that 4.3 has flaws. I'm really tired of seeing posts about trying things that will not fix the issue!

To frustrated Verizon GS3 users: The only thing I've found as a temporary fix is to limit background processes to 4 under developer options. This seems to help a little with the battery. But this is not by any means a permanent fix. Feel free to add me if you'd like to direct message to discuss this issue in depth. I'd be more than happy to help ease the pain in any way I can.