Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

does anyone at Samsung or Verizon know what is going on and will they issue a fix soon or not I hope so.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jlauer1865, I hear your concern and am here to help. Please approve my request to follow you, then follow me back and then send me a Direct Message so that I can assist.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
betaflash

Help! I am leaving the country for 2 weeks and my phone updated 2 days ago - since then it is SLOW, almost unresponsive, the battery life seems much less, and charging does not seem as effective (basically the same issues I am seeing here with many other folks) What can I do to speed things up? I am going to be relying on my phone abroad, and am getting a little worried!

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Likes
blackpearrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service reps:

How will a new phone help anyone?  I mean, even if the new phones have older OS' s, wont 4.3 be forced on them soon thereafter?  What might help would be if verizon would stop forcing the update until the bugs are ironed out.  Can you work on that?  Otherwise, your efforts are pointless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ramjet79, I want to get to the bottom of what is going on! I have requested to follow you. Would you please accept and follow me back? After, please send me a Direct Message so I can assist further.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
michaelfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung upgraded my Galazy Note II last week, and since then it has been taking a long time to wake, freezes during calls, fails to pull caller info from contacts, doesn't let me call using contacts or recent call data, and is making my business suffer. HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE UNTIL THEY FIX THIS MESS??? Oh, and the battery, which used to be great, has started running down in HALF the time!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Can't... Samsung blocked downgrading. You have to void your warranty to downgrade.

0 Likes
Love0593
Enthusiast - Level 1

Once again, fabulous service from Verizon/Samsung.  I had no issues at all with this phone until I foolishly updated overnight.  Now my battery is at 20% (and plugged in) without using it.  I wish I had read this forum last night, but I screwed myself.  However, what's even worse is trying to get the replacement phone.  The Verizon rep I just spoke with alleged he had NEVER HEARD about this problem.  Then said my phone was under warranty, Verizon could not help and I to be connected to Samsung.  Samsung then alleged my phone was NOT under warranty and regardless, that SAMSUNG DOES NOT REPLACE PHONES, they ONLY REPAIR.  I am beyond livid.  I have been wasting my time and got no where.  VERIZON - STOP PUSHING THIS UPDATE.  SAMSUNG also confirmed they cannot reverse the upgrade.  I have a useless phone that I am paying Verizon loads monthly for. 

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

This is so stupid worst upgrade I have seen in my life. how does garbage like this go through probably because people complain that why do I not have the latest update on my phone and it has been released a few months ago. needs to be fixed before February this is nuts that so many bugs can get through.

quincyguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had not paid attention to the update information either and I received the update last week. So far the only thing I have noticed is the flash going off randomly. I just followed the suggestion to turn off Falsh Notification but it was not on. I toggled it on/off and will see what happens.

0 Likes