Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

M M wrote:

Okay, so Jan 3rd I did the update against most advice I have read...I really had no issues with the update or phone...Untill, today, I just had the "Unstable Wifi" at a place I always get solid Wifi. But that was only one incident, I have had good Wifi other than that one business thus far. One more thing, I was sending a text via GoSms, and have Never ever had an issue, till today, the phone froze, for  the first time, and so far the only time. Just wanted to update my status. I am however, getting a new phone from Protect Cell insurance as I dropped my phone yesterday and cracked the screen pretty good. It will be interesting to see if it comes with 4.1.1 or 4.3 and if 4.1.1 whether I do the update again.

Got my replacement phone, it has the 4.1.2 version, so, should I or shouldn't I update this new phone, as stated above I have not had the issues everyone has had with battery drain, Etc...Mine has worked fine. But...That was my old phone, Hmmmm. Decisions.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would NOT under any circumstance update that phone.

aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

True, I apoligize. I didn't think about 4.3 being an issue on other devices, but it's gotta be better than this.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

aequitas wrote:

I would NOT under any circumstance update that phone.

I think I won't...I had my taste of the 4.3 for a week or 2 ish and can live with out it for now, till the fix comes out, I took the chance with my last phone and it worked fine, before I dropped it...Ugh) bit don't think I want to chance fate again...lol.  Although my GF has had no issues with her phone either after the update.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've had no issues after the 4.3 update.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

No need to apologize. I think we are all frustrated. I just happened to check around to see if there were issues on other phones and carriers and it seemed to be pretty consistent.

The thing that makes me mad is I have seen people complaining about this on other devices since back in November..yet Verizon still chose to roll it out to more people.

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

bearone21 wrote:

i've had no issues after the 4.3 update.

No I haven't either, but had to get a replacement phone cuz I dropped the one I updated to 4.3, now, I'm debating if I should chance the new phone.

0 Likes
aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I'm not too happy with VZW right now. I have a buddy on T-Mobile with a GS3 and he had zero issues since the update. Lucky *******

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

It amazes me how people can have the same phone and get the same update yet get so many different outcomes. My wife's phone kept flashing like crazy but mine never did it once. She can't get any sound on her calls anymore but mine is fine. Yet mine gets so damn hot when its not even being used and her's seems fine. It's frustrating because I am afraid to use the phone now because the battery goes down so fast.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve91313- We understand your concern about the recent update. However, there is not a way to change back to the software once it has been updated.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes