Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

There are no solutions to correct the bugs in the 4.3 update at this time. You'll see plenty off posts with things to try, but nothing corrects the issues. A Factory data reset does not resolve the issue as it erases all of your data but flashes the 4.3 ROM back on the phone. If you had some settings that were changed that can be corrected. There are no ways to revert back to a previous version of a ROM. We have to sit and wait for Verizon to push another update. Samsung confirmed with Verizon an update is being worked on but we have no ETA.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
fmonteiro444
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the update yesterday. Now the phone takes a really long time to charge, battery drains rapidly, and phone crashes. As soon as I unplug the phone from the charger it drops 4%. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
PhoneUser1000

I'm having the same battery drain and slow charging issues. The charge drops like a rock on my Samsung s3...battery went from 85% to 30% in under 4 hours and I only used it a few minutes total during that time. Totally ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KS75- Device issues are not fun! If all stpes have been completed, then we might need to replace the phone.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how Verizon keeps saying that it sounds like an issue with the phone and offer a replacement. How about they offer a replacement of the S3 with an S4, or some other phone that will actually hold a charge for more than four hours and work correctly. I know it's not Verizon's fault, but something seriously needs to happen when everyone is paying $70.00+ a month now to be stuck no more than 6 feet from a charger. I'm really glad I don't have a trip planned anytime soon as this is my main device for calls, GPS and photos.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Prorookie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please add me to the list of people with EXTREMELY POOR battery life since the update.  Used to get 2+ days out of an extended battery.  now down to less than 50% after 6 hours

Regazzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issues since upgrade over the weekend.  Ridiculous battery performance (dropped to 22% already since 8am this morning)!  Constantly slow/dropped wifi as well.  The battery issue is most concerning.  The phone gets warm when not even in use when I am in full 4g range and wifi is off.  The phone worked relatively flawlessly the first 18 months I've owned it until this update.

The fact that the update uninstalled paid apps (i.e. swiftkey) is mind boggling.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem isn't just with the S3..its occurring on the S4 and with multiple carriers. So switching to a different phone won't solve the problem. The update needs to be corrected. Nothing we do to our phones will make the problem go away.

aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which is why I stated S4, OR some other phone.

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My guess is the issue will be on any Droid phone since they all use the same OS with the exception of the older phones. And I doubt they are going to start sending out new iPhones to everyone with a Samsung. This is Verizon we are dealing with..no way they are going to benefit the customer..they will just screw us all lol

0 Likes