Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
derekforce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the update today and it also wiped out all my personal ringtones and notifications and in their place added some piece of crap verizon sounds.  what benefit was it to do this?  what kind of upgrade would delete all my settings?  I am very upset that I now have to tediously go through every contact again to restore whatever ringtone was there.t

Not happy verizon/samsung.  not happy at all.  I will also file that complaint with the FCC. 

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the link.  On my way to turn in a complaint.  I don't usually bother with this kind of complaint, have only done it one other time in my life when a telemarketer called me on my "do not call" number and called me all kinds of expletives when I politely asked them not to call and told them my number was on the list.

0 Likes
pdubya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Boy, why didn't I read up before I excitedly punched "install update?" Silly me thought it would be an improvement. Same issues here and like others, I HATE HATE HATE the text message notification in a giant box on even my lock screen. I loved when it was tiny at the top. Lost ringtones. Lost contact pictures. Lost photos in my gallery (although tbh, I haven't plugged in the SD card to my computer to see if they're there - is there a way to look at your SD card contents while it's still in the phone?).

I haven't had the over heating (knock wood), but the blutooth sync with my car is wonky. My email won't update. It's now Thursday night and my latest email is from Wednesday afternoon.

I can sort of handle the new layouts, but I don't like losing my settings, pics, ringtones, and voicemails, and gaining things I don't want like the text box and a draining battery.

Add me to the list of those writing the FCC. I don't know if this thread is our voices crying into the wilderness, or if anyone at Verizon or Samsung knows of the extent of this issue. Will writing Samsung help, or is calling Verizon more effective in demonstrating the vast number of people who are affected and angry?

BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Hi pdubya...

Yes, you can look at your SD card via a USB cable attached between the charging port on your phone and USB port on your computer.  It reads like any other external device (thumb drive/memory stick, backup drive, etc.)

0 Likes
Jezza819
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a prompt for an update this morning. I deferred it because I was afraid it was for the 4.3 update which I had heard was full of bugs. From looking at the complaints here it looks like this is the bad update. In the past you could defer an update to another day maybe 3 or 4 days away. But this time it would only let me defer to a different hour. I'm hoping that it won't automatically install the update at that hour but I can defer it again. Does anyone know if you can just keep deferring it?

See I thought I had heard that they pulled this update a few weeks ago since it had so many problems. Why release it again if you still know it's full of bugs?

0 Likes
gaangel5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone figured out how to get the missed calls and texts notification box off the locked screen?  To me it is a privacy thing.  Anyone can see who's calls I missed and what my text messages say without touching my phone.  Plus it is annoying as hell.  I agree with the drained battery.  Mine was gone in 8 hours.  I can deal with the battery by just keeping a charger at work but the notification box on my locked screen is unacceptable!  Verizon, do something!!!

pilotgirl

I'm having HUGE battery drain problems, and lost the ability to see developer options on my phone (which is a problem since I need it for work). My flash goes off randomly, and while I didn't seem to lose any data, the phone says my SD card is now faulty, which never happened before. PLEASE Verzion- fix this quickly!!!!

0 Likes
mattvan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Matt Vanderbush wrote:

I will add my problems to this thread:

My screen will not respond coming out of sleep mode, even though the phone is on (lights/indicators still work).  Have to pull battery and reboot.  Screen will be fine until once again, I place it in sleep.  Once I try to wake her up, blackness.

Very frustrating.  Paying through the nose for a phone that doesn't work.

So I was able to go into Developer Mode and change my screen to stay on constantly while being charged.  Now I can use my phone while its plugged in.....all the time. 

GREAT NEWS!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
ge3kspd
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems to me that a lot of folks are having these issues with the S3 after the 4.3 update. I'm having major problems with my work phone as well. Is there any solutions in the near future offered by Verizon/samsung?

Thanks,

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Linz1980- Thank you for reaching out ot us. We are aware of the device issues after the software update. We apologize about any information that has been lost. I know how it feels to have pictures deleted from my device, so I understand how annoying that can be. I do not recommend going to a store because this will not resolve the issue. Did you have your pictures backed up to a computer or backup assistant plus? Also, open the gallery and tap the menu key and see if the pictures were possible moved to a different folder. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes