Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
aequitas
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is getting rediculous, taken my phone from 18 hour usable battery to less that 5. How are we supposed to rely on this for my job which is high on life safety. They need to figure this out sooner than later, otherwise I am done with Samsung and Verizon. I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years and this is how I'm repaid.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
blackpearrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might as well start looking into other plans & phones now, which is what I'm doing.  It doesn't appear they are planning on doing anything anytime in the near future.  Even getting a replacement phone is no answer since they will eventually push everyone on to 4.3 whether you consent or not.  And according to others in this thread, a factory reset is not an answer as the battery drain & other issues return soon afterwards. 

0 Likes
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the 4.3 "upgrade" this morning. Already very sorry I accepted. It wiped all of my settings. Lost my ringtone, makes keyboard click noises that I took weeks to lose, and now cnnot find a way to turn off. Stop fixing unbroken stuff, please.

Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3
Textron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there anyway to uninstall this update. Like a system restore on a computer? This update is terrible. I have all the same issues as others, except I hate all the new features. Exposing my incoming text messages on my lock screen is ridiculous. Ya, I can change it to "do not display on bar or lock screen", but then it just shows "New Message". From battery drainage, to software, to my internet browser no longer working that I had to download another browser to get on the internet. And no, "factory reset" doesn't help, so stop recommending customers to do this. I get it, you're having us do this to keep us busy for a few days trying to restore everything back the way it was before. Stop, this update did not update anything. Let me come into your home and "update" your cabinets to plastic, and your samsung tv's to dynex, and tell you that its better cause its new.

Tidbits
Legend

Samsung blocked downgrading. You will trip the Knox flag too.

0 Likes
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

That's actually a great idea for those (like myself) that have tried everything and still have issues. Verizon offered me a $10.00 credit for my troubles. I found that quite insulting considering what we pay for service. I just filed my complaint with the FCC. I'm not sure it will do anything but you have to try. We do have to keep in mind that Samsung gave Verizon the green light to push this update out. I'm not sure how much testing is done once the carrier receives the update, but this was a HUGE miss on both parties. This is not a small glitch. It's a HUGE glitch with a series of other bugs included. Just very disappointed and wish we had more information on how this will be handled.

P.S. If I see one more post about doing a "Factory data reset" I'm probably going to do a back flip...LOL

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Jumping from Verizon to T-Mobile (in my opinion) is an option but not a solution. From what I've read the Samsung GS3 is having issues on other carriers with the 4.3 update as well. I've rarely had service issues with Verizon since switching from Sprint. This issue is clearly with the 4.3 ROM update and not Version. Switching to another phone on Verizon is a possibility if you are eligible to upgrade. The other option is to wait....but for how long? Business users such as myself rely on this device for everything which makes this very frustrating. So ultimately everyone will need to make the choice that works best for them.

0 Likes
tpett
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issues here.  The Better Battery Stats app is showing full awake time since the update.  The culprit so far appears to be a kernel wakelock called mmc2_detect.  There's no sleep time even after overnight non-use and extremely light use today. I don't know enough about wakelocks and especially am hesitant to try to do anything with this one since it's a KWL, but another forum seemed to think it was related to a faulty SD card. Again, same frustrating issues with major battery drain as everyone else, plus ringtones were changed and my flash appears with an incoming call.  (I've tried the suggested fixes for this under Settings-Accessability, so will see how this works.)  Sigh...will wait to see what fixes come out, hopefully soon.