Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

p_clinger, We want to get you back to enjoying your device quickly. Thank you for providing the issues you have had since updating your software. One thing to suggest is to try a master reset as to some of the apps on the device might not be updated to the new software and could be causing some of the battery drain. Be sure to back up your information as this will reset the device to its factory settings.

Steps to master reset: http://vz.to/1cCFXe7 

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
carleecat1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since update the auto spell correct will NOT let me spell a word (person's last name) like I want...it keeps adding on extra letters.  So I then backspace to take them off and it kept putting them back on.  This was a major problem for me when I was trying to get an emergency pair of OR scrubs (from my boss whom was not at her desk) for someone named "Michell" as I REALLY needed to put her full last name in the txt so the scrubs go to the correct Michelle!! 

On top of this just randomly my phone keeps flashing like I am taking a picture when I click to read an email. 

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

So many people have to do the "master reset" so often, it is a big pain in the neck.  I wouldn't do this in my desktop or my laptop.  "Scraping and paving" should NOT be the go-to solution for these problems.

None of these updates should see the light of day until they are proven stable.

Sp2pilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having to do a factory reset or or master reset as it's been recently called is NOT A SOLUTION

Fail on Verizons part.  This is horrible service from a provider that people pay money to.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

A "Factory data reset" as you stated is a big pain. This should be an absolute last resort. I'll tell you first hand it does not resolve the issue. At least in my case, my wife’s, my friends several other folks in this forum and users on other carriers. I truly did not want to take this step but I had to try something. A Factory reset was a complete waste of time. My battery still drains as fast as before and the phone still exhibits erratic behavior.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
unicoird
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have noticed a significant drain on my battery, but I have another problem since the update. I use a vpn connection to protect my phone in a public hotspot. Now the vpn connects but all browsers (stock, Firefox, Dolphin, and Chrome) indicate no network connection.

J0eybb
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is now frozen again, and just reset itself. I'm not even on the damned thing.

0 Likes
Reeny1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Update went through on my SIII today, and all was OK, until I used my Bluetooth!!! OMG I am soooo Mad.. It will not connect, I have to pair/ un pair/ connect/ disconnect. Then it finally connects and I can use it.. But once I get to where I am going and park the car, and take the key out.. It disconnects again.. uuugghh!! This really need to get fixed!

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

tell everyone you know why has a Verizon s3 to not download the update you will thank me for this. there are too many bugs out there. Verizon should not have pushed this update with all of these bugs out there.

J0eybb
Enthusiast - Level 1

My battery lasted 3h50m22s after the update on power saving mode.... WTF?

0 Likes