Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
jascotx
Enthusiast - Level 3

floridabamaboy wrote:

Ramjet, I too just got off the phone with Verizon and they are going to send my wife and I new Note 2's to replace ours since we are having the same issues.  This will fix the issues because the phones will come with 4.1.2 on them, you just have to "ensure" you don't accidently upgrade to 4.3 or you will be in the same boat as before...

Good luck

Borrowed time, my friend.  Borrowed time.  Hope it gets you to the patch release though.  Good luck.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
hmicm11

Well this explains it.  I had seen the statement about this release when they pulled it. When I got the prompt to update software a few days ago, I was hoping they had fixed it. Boy was I wrong. HUGE battery drain. And my phone won't hardly charge. Lagging wake-up, start-up, freezing. For example....yesterday I was at work. When I left the house my phone was fully charged. Throughout the day I sent maybe two texts. By the time I got off work, my phone was at 14%!!

I don't have another upgrade until august, I have been dealing with a slightly cracked screen as long as my phone was performing and not bothering with the insurance. I really hope they get the bugs fixed. My phone is essentially worthless at the moment.

0 Likes
e-ec-ecu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have a 2014 Subaru Forster and my GS3 worked fine when it had the 4.1.2 software version.  When mine updated to 4.3, I lost the bluetooth text capability.  It worked in the past but now completely crashes bluetooth share, which in turn disconnects bluetooth and starts again.  I have to disable to bluetooth texting feature from the phone (this is the feature where the stereo can get the texts off of the phone).

I don't have any pairing issues with mine, but I can NOT allow the stereo access to my messages ... or it will fail.

I have talked with Samsung, Verizon, Subaru and this forum.  I don't have a solution and would love for a "patch" to come out.  My phone is no longer under warranty.  Verizon tells me it is either Samsung or Subaru's issue.  Subaru says that if the feature worked in the past (which it did), but it does not now, then the software from the phone is the issue ... not the car.  And, I agree with Subaru.  Samsung tells me that Bluetooth Share needs to be supported by Verizon.  Also, since my phone will actually pair with my car without issues, Samsung says that is all they can troubleshoot.

I have tried MANY possible fixes and they all failed ... the problem returns.  My original post on this forum is here:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812946

0 Likes
jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a follow up with my phone: I'm still having battery drain, but the tip about turning on developer mode and limiting background processes to 4 might have helped: after 5 hours I'm at 23% today. Still unacceptable, but better than last week. Phone is still hot, wifi is still unreliable as well. I've actually not used my bluetooth since the update, so I don't know if mine has an issue or not.

Based on the comments above, I'm also going to try calling Verizon to get a replacement without 4.3. We'll see what happens. Interesting that we no longer have vzw techs replying here anymore?

mattvan
Enthusiast - Level 2

See this is where I don't get it:  We can call and complain and they will send us a reconditioned phone, and we have to send in our once new out of the box phone, all because their software update has screwed them up? 

That's unacceptable to me.

BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Just chiming in that I also am experiencing heavy battery drain and incomplete charging since I accidentally hit the "install now" button instead of the "install later".  I had been delaying since my son-in-law (a heavy-duty tecchhie-support type person) told me not to accept the 4.3 under ANY circumstances.

Battery is draining much faster, and I do not use many apps.  The phone only charges to 89% or so, after all night on the charger.  Can't be the charger as the current one was fast and functional till the update.

I am already on my second phone, I got a refurb after my brand-new one had charging port failure after fewer than 4 months of use.  I've only had this one 6 weeks.  I've expended so much time and energy trying to figure out how to set this thing up and use it, then having to set up a new one, and now possibly having to set up a new one AGAIN. 

I am ready to go back to a not-smart phone.  I am paying so much money for my monthly smart-service, but having to work way to hard keeping this thing going.  NOT WORTH THE COST!  All I need is texting, phone, and navigation. 

I hope you really follow through with your AG, jascotx. 

0 Likes
jk612

My phone has also started acting up since the new update.  The flash randomly goes off at different times and sometimes just sits on for a minute.  The wifi is not working.  I can't remember the exact term it uses, but basically it's telling me that the signal is not stable.  The screen is freezing as well. 

0 Likes
J0eybb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 20% drop with only 50 minutes of use. My phone has frozen up multiple times. This is very unacceptable.

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issues here. My wife and I both installed the update not knowing and phone is useless. Battery life constantly getting drained with no phone usage. The thing is on fire in my pocket. Wifi keeps saying the connection is unstable. Phone is slow coming out of sleep mode. What a fantastic update by Verizon. I know of a few people at work all having the same exact issues. How hard can it be to fix the update or send everyone the old update again to get back to previous conditions. I pay enough for this phone that it should at least work. If I end up going over my data usage during this I can't wait for them to try to get a single penny from me.

jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whoa. I just called the support number and spoke to a tech, explained I'd been getting help on the customer forums, troubleshooting for 2 weeks with safe mode, done 2 factory resets, and still no luck, and she's sending a replacement phone. Very helpful and no hassle at all. I figure my current phone is already used, so I'm fine with swapping it out now if it means getting rid of this update (especially with a locked bootloader now).

At least that was quick and painless. We'll see what happens when the phone arrives.

0 Likes