Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Every update screws up the phone. You have to have a useless annoying phone for a few months and dont forget to pay lots and lots of money for not being able to use it. Battery life SUCKS and I am forced to charge my phone about 15 times a day no joke and that is with the screen turned down all the way. Verizon could care less. The stock browser only works some of the time and I have to go back and forth between the stock browser and firefox. Video playback is sometimes jerky and audio is off. Of course there is no flash making the phone a stupid phone since no one will change over to html5 any time soon. I went third party app for adobe flash player. The little things that now work correctly do not make up for all the garbage every is forced to go through. I would imagine a good business practice is to make sure your products work before you push them on people. But why would Verizon take a few mins to actually apply feedback to their service....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm with you. But I will go further. I believe both Verizon and Samsung are/were so focused in CES in Las Vegas this month (January 2014), they could care less about us existing customers. These guys are full of what makes meadow muffins. { wink wink }

My battery is draining faster than before this update.

My Wifi is in use every second of the hour every hour. And this is true even with Sync disabled.

My next phone will not be Samsung.

My next carrier will not Verizon.

My next phone will not be a smart phone. Smart phones need so much attention, it's no longer fun and no longer useful. All I need is calling and texting.

0 Likes
Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed. It's an unfortunate situation. I see this as a "pause" making me think and wonder what's important to me. Not this phone any more.

0 Likes
JFRANC40

Right after rhe update this morning my wife's data have exploded from .2 to over 2g) over her allotment. She also reports that the phone got super hot. I called Verizon but I have to wait to have her phone in my hands. They didnt know what could be happening.

0 Likes
Aristoi

More than likely the update made her Wi-Fi connection unstable and her

phone is automatically switching to 4G, hence blowing through her data.

It's a big problem with 4.3.

0 Likes
jlauer1865
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - why are continuing to deploy this terrible 4.3 update when you know it is seriously flawed?

I updated last night, not knowing the issues with this update.  If I had, I wouldn't have updated.

My phone is losing charge even with the phone in the charger!!!!  The only way it is charging is with the phone turned off and even then it's only about a 1% increase every 1/2 hour or so.

I have had the same flashing issue when I get a notification.  Haven't noticed the hot phone yet, but that is a concern to me.

I also received the "internet connection is unstable" warning that some have mentioned.

Verizon - please provide your fix for this failed software update by Samsung.  My phone is almost useless right now.

twomorecents
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just did the update today.  I had not heard about the issues.  My phone is useless to make outgoing calls.  When I press on the Phone icon the number pad starts to come up then I get a message telling me "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped."  I can receive calls but cannot make them.  And the phone is now randomly setting off the camera flash. 

Loved my Samsung Galaxy S3 prior to the update.   Now....not so much.  It's a phone and I can't use it as one.  Will they make my bill reflect the fact that it's not functioning as it should to no fault of my own? 

Murdoc

I updated this morning. Not having issues with battery, but anyone else having trouble turning on and off data? They placed an on/off button for wifi in the drop down menu but took away the one for data. Also the new lock screen sucks.

0 Likes
yorklab

I just updated my GS3 and I'm having the same issues as others here (mainly battery drain). I looked around the web and noticed other GS3s from other Carriers are having the same issue, and it's been going since November. This is a known issues and yet they keep putting out the update; it makes no sense. Who knows when or IF they will correct this problem.

0 Likes
Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just went out to eat. Left with my battery at 100%. was gone an hour and a half. phone sat in my pocket the whole time. could feel the heat from it. got back home. 66%.