Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
jstrum
Enthusiast - Level 2

What did Samsung recommed you to do?

I am on my 5th replacement s3...since getting the phone in Aug 2012.

I am frustrated and looking for better options at this point

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with battery life jadefu. How long have you had issues with the battery? Did is start after an app was downloaded. I recommend safe mode to check the apps on your phone. Some of the apps may not be compatible with your new software or may be draining the battery. Here are the steps http://vz.to/JC70PC. I would also like to provide you with some battery saving tips http://bit.ly/1iGc982 . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since mine got the update, which I had no problems before except connecting to my wifi having random issues within the past month only, my battery was down to 50-65% within an hour of being off change. I found my screen draining, which my screen wasnt being used during that time, and google play services. So what i did was go into app manager, go to all google items, play music videos books etc, uninstall updates for each including gmail. Then I shut the ones off I didnt use anyways. Well this kept popping up little notices to turn on the google play services and update.

Well my battery wasnt draining as fast but my phone was hot to handle. So checked it again and screen was using it up now. So I pulled battery for about a minute. Then put back in. Phone stopped getting hot. Then I gave in and reenabled those apps and allowed to update them. So far since it hasnt been as bad.

D_squared
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to add my issues to this thread just in case Verizon needs more "proof" that the last update is flawed.  I have a Galaxy S3 (my 4th one actually), and I received the update sometime last week.  Before the update, my phone was really stable.  As I read through the thread, there were many ideas expressed to possibly fix the problem.  The solutions like " turning off the Auto-switch in the Advanced option under the wifi settings" has already been done previously before the update.  So all my settings prior to this update has been applied to the phone now.  I have did many of the "battery drain fix tricks" to no avail.  After the update, my battery drains quickly.  I usually have to plug my phone in to recharge the battery 3 times a day.  I have NEVER had to do that before.  Also, the wifi consistently turns back on after I have turned it off.  And yes, the auto switch is disabled.  My phone does freeze before receiving a call, causing me to miss the call.  Yesterday my phone randomly froze and I needed to pull the battery twice to get it to work again (this has also never really been an issue).  I have done a factory reset twice and deleted ALL Google Play Apps that I have downloaded.  It does sound like a fix is on the way, as I do love my GS3.  I just wanted to document that I am also having issues.  Not all issues are reported because I'm a sure a majority of the population with a Galaxy Device tries to either Google a fix or call Verizon and they don't have any answers for them. 

Dorian

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danni111972,
We are glad you took the time to reach out to Samsung in regards to your latest software update. We do want to make sure we can get that device back to functioning as it should be. Since this update, have you attempted to perform a master reset on the device? This can help with making sure all the features have updated successfully to the new software. Here are the steps to perform a master reset. http://vz.to/1cCFXe7 

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mammabug
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S3 was fine until it updated today. Now, it is stuck with Talkback turned on and there is no way to turn it off. Also, I had to physically remove the battery to turn the phone off. Once turned back on, when I receive a call, the screen goes black. I am so disappointed with this action. I guess a trip to the Verizon store will be added to my to-do list tomorrow.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

It's quite unfortunate as I loved this phone prior to the most recent update. I like how the go to answer is to do a "Hard Reset". Sure....let me take 4 hours out of my day to wipe everything and start from scratch. I get this suggestion when calling Verizon and see it from Support Reps. Is it possible something went wrong during the update? Certainly. However too many users are having the same issues for a Hard Reset to even be considered at this point. We're at the mercy of Samsung and Verizon until another update is pushed out. If you do decide to head to the Verizon store do not be surprised if they act like they've never heard of this issue. I know they have scripts and policies to follow but this is extremely frustrating for the end users.

jadefu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've only had issues with the battery SINCE the update to 4.3. I did a full factory reset, TWICE. This happens before I even reinstall any of my settings or apps on my phone. The wifi connectivity problem also still happens.

Battery saving tips won't help. Fixing the 4.3 update vzw sent that screwed up my phone will help.

And I can't upgrade my phone, because I'll be forced to change my plan. This is making me hate vzw. I'm about ready to file a complaint with the state utilities commission.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot wait for this stupid bug fix update to come out. this should have been taken care of before this update came out. I realize that bugs can happen with updates but I did not expect any major bugs to happen. I should have stayed at 4.1.2. I wish I had 4.4 right now but I would rather a outdated software version than have one with a ton of bugs in it.

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Okay, so Jan 3rd I did the update against most advice I have read...I really had no issues with the update or phone...Untill, today, I just had the "Unstable Wifi" at a place I always get solid Wifi. But that was only one incident, I have had good Wifi other than that one business thus far. One more thing, I was sending a text via GoSms, and have Never ever had an issue, till today, the phone froze, for  the first time, and so far the only time. Just wanted to update my status. I am however, getting a new phone from Protect Cell insurance as I dropped my phone yesterday and cracked the screen pretty good. It will be interesting to see if it comes with 4.1.1 or 4.3 and if 4.1.1 whether I do the update again.

0 Likes