Samsung SM G935V - Security Policy Updates keep failing, known fix?
JOHWAL84

Samsung S7 fails when trying to update the security policy. I had this once before on an S5 but I can't remember what the fix was. I have tried disabling the security service in applications, clearing the stored data, and restarting but to no avail. I think I remember this having something to do with security tokens or administrators on the S5, either way the bug is back in the S7 and it's darn annoying. Any help to resolving this issue greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung SM G935V - Security Policy Updates keep failing, known fix?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to update the phone over the 4G LTE network or wifi?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOHWAL84

It shouldn't matter we're talking about a 340 Kb file but I've tried both forms of connectivity.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung might have written the update to only be recognized and installed on one of the network types. That is why I asked. Samsung especially is known for requiring the Verizon Wireless 4G network in order to verify the phone is eligible to download and install their updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes