Re: Samsung S9 not sending text over wifi
asw1958
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have an S9. I am on a drilling rig with wifi. I have no trouble getting on websites or using my gmail.

Texting via wifi is a HUGE problem. The only way i've found that i can text or receive a text, is to turn the wifi off, and then back on and text immediately. If i leave the phone idle for 2 or 3 mintues, I cannot text again until turning wifi off and back on again. Needless to say, all the people here with Iphones have no problem at all.

I emailed a Joan Rumph with verizon about this problem a week or so ago. I've gotten no response of course.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, asw1958. We know it is essential to be able to use text messages over Wi-Fi, and we would be more than happy to help you. Can you please elaborate further? What text message app are you using? When was the last time you were able to use text over Wi-Fi?

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Cindymsq
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S9.  Using the installed Samsung messanger blue box with white bubble and 3 blue dots, or the Verizon Message+.  Text send fine with Wifi off or just turned back on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you enjoy the text over Wi-Fi feature as I know the importance of having the proper access to your texts while away from the cellular network. To confirm, does this happen on multiple Wi-Fi networks or have you only tested it on one network? Did this start after installing a new application or update? What is the current baseband and system version found via Settings>About Phone>Software Information? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
scaldwell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue on my S9 except it started with and happen when wifi calling is on. If I have wifi calling off, texts go through fine. If wifi calling is on and service is low, texts will not go through. I am using the blue built in texting app. I have been on the phone with text support. We not only updated the phone and factory reset the phone, they also sent me a replacement phone! Unfortunately, this one is doing the same thing. Texts will not go out or in while on wifi calling. Please advise. Thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important for your device to function as it should. Are you having issues with text messages off of Wi-F?

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
BDSNOWMAN

I am also having the same issue. Can't send/receive texts until I turn off and turn back on wifi. Using the built-in message app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, BDSNOWMAN! We are concerned to hear you are not able to send or receive text messages, and we would be more than happy to help you. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? Does it occur with every number or particular numbers? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
rsteele70

Same issues as everyone else. Have to disable wifi to send messages. Otherwise I get the error code. Why pay $1000 for a phone I have to turn wifi on and off on to send a text message? Seems a little ridiculous. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rsteele70, we understand the inconvenience of having to turn off your Wi-Fi to be able to send text messages, and we'd love to help. When did the problem start? What texting application are you using?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes