Samsung S9 Android SPL 2019-08-05
richg70
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon push the Android SPL 2019-08-05 in the US? I lost access to my work email and all work applications on my Samsung S9 phone until this patch is installed.

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung S9 Android SPL 2019-08-05
JamesH151
Enthusiast - Level 1

No response from Verizon at all... about as helpful as a fork in a soup factory

Neenaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got 08-01-2019 today but not helpful at all.

bearone21
Legend

yo folks, updates for the rest of the world are for different variations of the phone & not applicable to us phones.

you're the same folks who squawk the update hasn't arrived & then complain that the update now has problems for you.

op: something other than the update is causing your email issues.

0 Likes
prncss937
Enthusiast - Level 1

@bearone21 wrote:

yo folks, updates for the rest of the world are for different variations of the phone & not applicable to us phones.

you're the same folks who squawk the update hasn't arrived & then complain that the update now has problems for you.

op: something other than the update is causing your email issues.

I appreciate your opinion, but you couldn't be more wrong. Many corporations have booted Android's from any corporate services until we receive SPL 2019-08-05 which is the one that addresses the vulnerability. That is why we can't receive corporate emails.

Op: don't offer useless opinions that aren't helpful in solving a very real and frustrating issue. 

RickDill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue with my S8. I use my phonemmostly for work but it is useless until this security patch becomes available since my company info security team has locked out all Samsung phone without this patch. Come on Verizon, how about a response here with an expected release date.

Sud30
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue on an S10. Been thinking a lot about switching to iPhone the last couple of weeks 😕

0 Likes
lamda17

I dont understand why this is not a bigger deal Carriers/Samsung are tackling and resolving immediately.  I didn't even get my SPL 8-1-19 until 8/30/19 (checked everyday prior to that on my galaxy s10 / verizon).

However SPL 8-1-19 is still useless as 8-5-19 is what's needed for corp email.

0 Likes
MarkNote8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Verizon even monitor this site?  I'm OK with a date out in future, but give us something.  I refuse to get locked into iOS platform, but have no problem leaving Verizon just out of principle.  This has been 2 weeks, hours of sitting on hold (never came on) and hours of sitting on empty chat sessions.  Silence.  My second largest monthly bill behind my mortgage is about to go elsewhere.  

TT15

Apparently Verizon neither monitors this site, nor gives a dang about their users, since there's so many of us VERY impacted by their morbidly-slow security update release cadence.  My supposedly high-tech-new-and-shiny Galaxy S10 is completely useless for work because of this.

0 Likes