Samsung S8+ Boot Loop
kapuku
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung S8+ suddenly froze last night and started boot looping. I did not install anything new and was simply using the device as usual when this occurred. Now I can't get the phone to recover from the endless boot loops.

I have tried letting the battery run out, then booting into recovery mode. I have wiped the cache partition (several times). Neither one of these has produced reliable results. I am sometimes able to boot up after the cache wipe, but the system will freeze after a few minutes and start boot looping again.

I know the next step is a factory reset, but I need to pull some files off the phone's storage before I do that. I did notice that the phone received a system security update recently. Has anyone else experienced this issue following the latest update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S8+ Boot Loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is a must, Kapuku. I am glad to hear that you have taken the correct steps to troubleshoot this issue. Have there been any modifications to the device’s software aside from the security update? The last step would be a factory reset but this will delete everything on the device. Just in case you need instructions, you can find them here: http://spr.ly/6600Eow10

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes