Samsung S7 picture text messages can't be sent
MsChief

I can't send text messages with images.  Samsung said it is a Verizon issue.  I went from the SIII to the S7 this weekend and supposedly something in my Verizon profile needs to change.  Is this true?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 picture text messages can't be sent
bearone21
Legend

you can't send 'em over wi-fi, need to be on the network.

0 Likes
MsChief

Thank you for the response but that's not the problem.  I have tried sending w/ wifi turned off and data on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the images be too big?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to hear your picture messages are not being sent on the S7, MsChief. Let’s get to the bottom of this and find a solution. What happens when you attempt to send a picture message? Do you get any error messages? Are you able to receive picture messages? Thank you in advance.

AntonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MsChief

I can receive picture texts.  When sending I get an error that says it's an invalid destination address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MsChief, with such a new and awesome phone we want you to be happy and comfortable. Lets look into why this is happening. Are you able to receive picture messages? What steps are you taking in order to send them?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MsChief

Yes, I am able to receive text messages with pictures.

To send a text message I start to compose, click on the paper click.  Select Gallery.  Select my photo.  It attaches.  It tries sending as mms and then I get the error noted above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details help MsChief. We want to get this working. Have you tried to send picture messages while connected to the Verizon (LTE) network? Or only while on WiFi? If only WiFi, please try over our network. Also, is this happening when trying to send to any number?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes