Samsung S7 overheats
spurgie

Can't do to much on the phone now it overheats very quickly.....

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 overheats
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your safety is important to us and we do not want you to have a issue with your phone.When did you first start having issues? Does this happen when charging or using an application on your phone?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
spurgie

It happens when not plugged in and plugged in....I was told it was due to heavy gaming activity and shuts down what it needs to cool off.....I have stopped all gaming on the phone because of it and just now use it for calling and texting now because of the issue.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you cleared the cache partition lately?

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem, after research I found out that Facebook messenger was the culprit...I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it fixed the problem.

0 Likes
spurgie

I have rebooted the phone to factory settings and still have the issue

0 Likes
spurgie

I dont use facebook messenger

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you do it from the recovery mode and did you clear the cache partition it will clear out any conflicts from updates and apps

0 Likes
spurgie

No the guy at the store restored my phone for me and it still overheats

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

if you hold volume up,home button,and power button

at the same time you will get to a screen that one of the options will be to clear cache partition use the volume down key till that is highlighted then hit the power key to confirm then use the down volume key to say yes and hit the power key again then just reboot.

0 Likes