Samsung S7 Random Notifications
andypitt1

My Samsung S7 has basically operated as expected this I got it. Recently I started getting random notification sounds without any notifications appearing. I tried clearing the cache, resetting settings.  Starting up in safe mode eliminates them so I assume an app is causing this. I have uninstalled all recent apps but that did not solve the problem. I would like to find which app is causing this problem but with well over 200 apps it's a daunting task to uninstall and reinstall each one. Is there other way to find out which app is causing this issue?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 Random Notifications
Klue
Master - Level 1

You could do it this way but it will take a long while. Disable your installed apps one at a time until the sound disappears. My S7 does the same thing occasionally, I just live with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andypitt1, I don't like to receive regular notification sounds so I know it must be a nuisance receiving several. Have you made sure that your Notification Reminder didn't get enabled via a recent security update or perhaps an app update? It reminds you of unread notifications and you can set a time for it to remind you for all or some of your apps. You'll find it under Settings>Accessibility>Notification Reminder.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
andypitt1

Yes I had already checked that issue. I wound up solving this issue the hard way. I deleted most of my apps in groups. Finally deleted some social media apps and it stopped. Funny thing I reinstalled all the apps and had no problems. Interestingly after reinstalling all the apps I also had 4X more storage space. I started to wonder what these apps have been storing?  I daily clear the cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andypitt1, it's good to hear you're no longer having notification problems. Often, when you delete and reinstall/download apps, it does update with the latest versions of the apps. As developers improve their apps, it can lead to changes, like the app using less space or processing things more efficiently. Freeing up space, with the newer version of the apps is a nice benefit of rebooting them. I do recommend you continuing clearing the cache regularly as well, as that's a great maintenance technique for your phone.  

Let us know if you need any further assistance. For your future reference, I'm going to share our Troubleshooting Assistant page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-tool/

It's a great resource to help troubleshoot and solve common phone issues. Each step is clearly outlined and has helpful examples to follow. I hope you find it beneficial in the future.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes