Samsung S7 Edge suddenly has high battery drain
CHRCLE51

So, just within the last week my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has experienced extraordinary battery drain.  I've done all that's been suggested and even let the unity drain all the way.  Now, when the unit is off, its showing the battery is charging.  However, when I turn it on and it boots, it shows 8-10 percent and then it drains very quickly.  Not sure if i simply need to do a factory reset or if there is a bug rooted within an app update that has caused this.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S7 Edge suddenly has high battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHRCLE51, I can certainly understand the concern that you have with your battery draining quickly. Let’s work together to find out what’s going on and how we can help. Currently, how often do you use your device? Would you consider yourself a light, moderate or heavy user? Have you updated an app or installed a new one? Since this issue has been happening, what steps have been tried to get the device going? (We want to make sure we don’t repeat the steps.)

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
krmcmillan21

I dont use my phone hardly at all.   less than 1 hour per day.   My battery is draining when not in use.  this is frustrating as I could go for 3 day without charging my phone before the update last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Galaxy S7 after the update. Let's work together to find some options to help. Please tell me, what is the software version you're currently on? Also, have you tried using the Samsung Software Update Assistant? http://spr.ly/6607EIDJF

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
Leleee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also S7 Edge here. I installed Update 30 (G935VVRUACSF2, per my phone) upon prompting a few days ago & have had massive battery drain ever since, under relatively low usage & the "optimum" setting.

I run Verizon's device maintenance app frequently in exasperation & it bizarrely says the battery is fine each time I do, yet I can now fully charge my phone to 100% right before I go to bed & use my phone as an alarm clock without setting it, because it will "ding" that I need to plug it in for a recharge @5% at 6:00 AM.

In other words, it uses up 95% power just sitting there, screen off with no activity in under 7 hours.

I've done all the usual tricks of turning off apps & turning the phone totally off to re-calibrate. And now I suppose I must wipe the cache partition. Again. Most post-update batt drains resolve themselves after a few days, but not this one.

I am a veteran of the Note 7 recalls in which I had to go back to the Verizon store & trade in my phone twice & *still* I ended up with yet another piece of junk with a wonky battery for all my trouble.

Honestly, it almost seems like the updates they push out that turn our phones into hot, useless bricks are just the scam they use to force us to upgrade to new devices. I am so very tired of the incessant inconvenience Samsung phones now seem guaranteed to impose.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I had the same problem last March after an update, low use of phone and huge battery drain. Lived with it for a couple of months and about a week before this last update the battery useage is back to normal. Installed this last update earlier this week and the battery usage is still real low. I did notice that when the battery usage was bad Android OS and Android System Apps were using 40-60% of the battery usage, now they only use about 2% which is normal. Just give it some time and it will probabley iron iself out.

0 Likes