Samsung S6 issues since OS update
JENGIL44

I've been having major issues since my Samsung Galaxy S6 updated to Nougat last week.  For the first two days after the update it was restarting randomly and freezing. The last few days it has stopped the random restarts, but other things have been going wrong-

1)  It won't charge unless the battery has been fully drained.  When it does charge it will only charge to 60-80%.  The battery also is draining quickly. 

2)  The camera stopped working.  The message I get when I open the camera app is "Warning.  Camera failed" (the camera doesn't work with third party apps either).

3)  I got an error message that I didn't have a SIM card installed.  That was resolved by taking it out and putting it back in.

I've tried booting in safe mode and wiping the cache partition and had no luck with those.  I then went ahead with a factory reset last night, but am still having the same problems today.  I loved my S6 before the update and now feel like it is a total lemon.  

Is there currently a fix for these issues??? 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 issues since OS update
JENGIL44

I still haven't resolved these issues.  From some research I've done it sounds like it may be a problem with the factory installed VR software.  I've read that remove or disabling Gear VR might solve these problems but I don't get those options in app management.  Is there another way to remove it?  It's frustrating that it's factory installed and it sounds like it's been causing problems for people for awhile now.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S6 issues since OS update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've sent a direct message to you in another thread so we can work on the next steps together. I'm confident we'll get this taken care of.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes