Samsung S3 Issues after KitKat Update
xford66
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating to the Kitkat update on my S3 I have seen many issues with my phone, mainly 4G speeds and GPS issues.

My 4G speeds in known good places I frequent dropped after the update.  GPS will rarely find my location now in Google maps, or other apps attempting to determine my location, this is with high precision on and it doesn't matter if I'm in a wide open field, this worked perfectly before.

I have called Verizon at least 5 times now and they always come up with something new I need to try to see if it fixes this issue and of course they always throw in "sorry your phone is out of warranty".  Well why would you release an update that breaks a perfectly good phone, I guess when the warranty is out on most of these S3's why care, this is the attitude I feel Verizon has about the issue.

So now I'm stuck with a half working phone due to Verizon's worthless update!  Thanks Verizon for standing behind your product, the KitKat update.

Re: Samsung S3 Issues after KitKat Update
B33
Legend

This has Happened many times in the Past with OS builds and the phones about all you can do if have not is to run a Factory Reset and see how your phone handles it.. I have a phone a Droid Maxx that I have yet to update because of Kit Kat issues my First Droid Maxx was returned for the one that I'm speaking of Now because of issues it had Mainly the Network connecting and the Camera was shooting really messed up pictures..

So I would Try the suggestion of Running the F.R. but if you can get it to work you may have to either hold onto the phone the way it is until something is released or ask for another one that possibly has the Older OS on it...

Hope this Helps and Good Luck.. b33

0 Likes
Indephone

Same problem with gps. Factory reset did NOT work and now I have to spend time reloading all my apps Etc.  The problem appears to be that apps that use the GPS are not calling upon the GPS to obtain a signal with any regularity. This only seems to happen sometimes, and a restart will fix it temporarily.  Sometimes turning off and then on again the GPS setting helps. This is frustrating

0 Likes
MrMaxxFan

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Re: Droid Maxx Updated to 4.4.4 <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes