Re: Samsung S20 no MicroSD?
BenAa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Identical situation happened to me today. I over analyze and over research everything, and I can confirm that the product pages on both Samsung and Verizon websites are borderline illegal with how misleading they are. I spent 3 hours with support today before being hung up on after I asked for a voucher/promo code so could get the cyber Monday promo deal (which had expired). Been a Samsung user since S5.... and the Google Pixel 5 is looking reeeal nice right about now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BenAa. We are very sorry to hear about any concerns that have come up on promotions with a Samsung Galaxy S20 device, the experience that you had when reaching out for support, and with the information you have reviewed on our website. We certainly are happy to help here in every way that we can. Can you please describe further the promotion that you were interested in getting with the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S20 device? Can you please further describe the concern that you have with the Verizon Wireless website and the information that it has? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
nohalfstppn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Brett,

I also am pretty shocked and disappointed about the exclusion of the MicroSD slot and the lack of communication around it.  Verizon still hasn't taken its customers' feedback and been more communicative about this issue.  I upgraded from a Google Pixel 3a in large part because of the expandable storage.

Please let me know what options are available.  Thinking about returning my phone.

0 Likes
Anabrew

Ya, the want us to use/pay for the cloud instead of micro sd card 

0 Likes
valhalla1203

Sorely disappointed. Have been a Samsung fan and with Verizon for years now. Every reference to S20 you can find out there mentions expandable memory. Through all my research I did not find any reference to this specific model not having a MicroSD slot. No mention of it during the buying process. When it is such a significant difference from every other model out there, it should be hidden away. I feel very ripped off.

0 Likes
thehodman
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I bought my s 20 at a verizon store. 7-29-2020. I was lead to believe by the employee that all of the s 20"s came the way mine does. Didn't think about it again. Just now finding out differently. 

0 Likes
Mark61j
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was fortunate to see this and other feedback on the Galaxy S20.  With this information I decided to buy an unlocked phone and still got a better deal than I found thru Verizon.  I'm expecting my new S20 5G with expandable memory purchased thru Amazon to arrive later today.  My Galaxy S6 has got several issues due to age and I'm ready to retire it. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes