Samsung S10 contacts group "Video calling group"
edfsee

I recently purchased a Samsung S10. Love the phone except for one issue making me crazy. I sync my email and contacts from my online 365 account.  I use the Outlook app. Gmail is seperate with no contacts. All the contacts initially sync'd no problem. Then I started to notice some disappearing, some in comapny groups and some with no company (family). I've tried deleting the account (business) and many other things. I have never had this issue with my other phones, mostly Motorola's. I have a totaI of 718  in the contacts app. In contacts>Groups. there are ones I have (different companies) with a buidling icon and then two groups with people icon, "Not assigned" (containing all 718 contacts) and another "Video calling group" with 36 members. This video calling group randomly disappears and the contacts (36) are not be found. I cannot delete the group as there in no options when I select the group and view the contacts, there is only a "delete" and not a "delete group only" like the other groups. I cannot even move these contacts to another group. I have enabled and diabled video calling in the phone app. Making me crazy! Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S10 contacts group "Video calling group"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edfsee, we want your device to run as smoothly as possible. To see that you are having issues is troubling. Let's work together to check out what is going on. Just to ensure that we are solving for the proper situation, let's ensure we are on the same page. Are you needing assistance with deleting a Video Calling Group? Or are you needing assistance with your contacts disappearing? Or both?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
edfsee

As I stated there is no option to delete the group and it does not exist in my Exchange groups. What I had to do after countless hours of trying to get this resolved was export all my contacts to a file and then import them into the phone memory (internal storage). Now the contacts that were disappearing are now good. What I'm now concerned about is when I add a contact to my exchange account will it sycn to the phone storage as well and not just the Outlook account.

0 Likes
edfsee

So now when I make a chnage in Outlook it is not sync'd to the phone storage where my contacts are because when I look at Contacts>Outlook there are still conttacts disappearing that was in the Video calling group. Comes and goes. Has to get fixed.Screenshot_20191210-180333_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to work together. When did this start experiencing this issue? What changes (updates, downloads, etc.) have you made to your device prior to this issue? 

CoreyM_VZW

For us to gather more details, confirm your full name and use this link to be verified. If you don't remember your billing system PIN, here's a link that will assist with creating a new PIN.

0 Likes
edfsee

Brand new phone as soon I as I got it. Now I notice the group video calling group is growing number on it's own (now 60) and as I have stated the disappear at times until I manually sync the Outlook contacts. Very fustrading!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edfsee, we'll help the best we can but please note that correcting any issues via contacts syncing from an outside source (Outlook app) isn't something we can fully support. Please reference the link attached for how to Reset All Settings on your phone. http://spr.ly/66001phIu

You can also reference the link attached for additional information from Microsoft for contacts that aren't syncing properly. Keep us posted on any changes.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes