Re: Samsung Messages RCS support
charlesh7
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

I'm sorry that feature is not compatible with your device. We do not decided what models will have the RCS feature included. This would be decided by the manufacture. TaylorH_VZW

Samsung already has that available in the stock messaging app for the S10, S20 and Note 10 series.  The problem is Verizon has BLOCKED that RCS in the Samsung Messaging app.   That is something that Verizon would have to do.   Nice try on trying to shift the blame to the manufacture.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to use the RCS feature for your text messages. The Google Messages app will allow you to use RCS on your Samsung device. 

PedroM_VZW

j__
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's entirely untrue, Pedro. It does not. It says that the carrier does not support it. 

indredcold89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded from my S9+ to the S20+ and was SHOCKED to find that advanced messaging was not supported by Verizon on my brand new S20+. It is supported on other carriers, but for some reason, Verizon has chosen to block RCS support on this phone. I am speechless. How is it possible that they would roll out RCS support 1 year into the lifespan of the S9+ (that's right it was retrofitted and allowed into the S9+ well after its launch). but not continue to make it available for all other phones on the network. At first, I thought they must be testing it out with the S9 but then in a bit, it will be widely available. But no, my brand new S20+ cant use it because Verizon chooses not to support it on its network. It might be time for a migration to t-mobile where it is supported on the S20+ (yup, not the phone's problem, Verizon's problem). 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you not able to enable this function in the Google Message app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello indredcol89, we're concerned to learn you feel this way, and we'd love to help. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. Any particular feature you like about RCS that you don't have at this time?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

What a dirty answer

leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a real cruddy you refer them to a webpage from 2 years ago totally useless.

leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • That's a lie
0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

we don't want to use Google messages we want to use Samsung that's why we bought Samsung