Samsung Gear VR for free plus a $50 Oculus gift card with purchase of GS7 or GS7 Edge
ROADMTB30

I recently upgraded to GS7 and was not notified about this promotion going on from 12/11/2016 to 12/25/2016.  I found out about it the next day online.  I contacted the store where I purchased the phones and was told they did not have anymore and to call back the next day to speak to a supervisor.  I called customer service and was told they could do nothing and it had to be resolved at point of sale.  I contacted a cooperate VZ wireless store and I was told that the cooperate store could not fulfill the promotion if the phones were purchased from a third party store (sign shows "Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer") which looks like Verizon to me.  The person there gave me an attitude when I said this made no sense and they should be able to fill a promotion for another Verizon store.  The only option he gave me was to return the phone minus the restocking fee ($35) and go to the corporate store and purchase the phones there.  I contacted Samsung who told me in order to get the promotion I need to purchase the phones on the Samsung site.  Why can't the stores work together on this promotion?  I purchased the phone, I'm on a plan, Verizon is still getting paid. Where is the problem on providing what is being offered?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Gear VR for free plus a $50 Oculus gift card with purchase of GS7 or GS7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you have received your Samsung VR headset, LINMEY41. The Samsung promo that you took advantage of was an amazing deal. Let's work together to make sure that you are able to get the rest of the promo, the Oculus gift card. Since you have confirmed the date that you bought the S7, you are within the promotional time frame. We have sent you a private message so we can gather some information to proceed. If you can reply with the requested info then that would be great.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gear VR for free plus a $50 Oculus gift card with purchase of GS7 or GS7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize that you have had to endure such a situation. Getting what you are promised is always a vital part of any promotion. We are happy to dig into this a little deeper with you. Please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

0 Likes
capemike

I have a question under this category also....I have two new S7 phones, and received the two VR Gear headsets. The advertised special said I was to get a "$50 gift card" with each unit. What I did get was a Samsung "welcome to Gear VR" "complimentary Oculus content bonus". When I signed on and entered the validation number, it gave me a choice of five games, or a combination of games and videos. All of which were prechosen by them, not me. I was under the belief that I would get the two $50 credits to buy what I wanted,  after all it was for '$50 gift cards', not 'here are a few games for you'. And I don't play games, so there was not much for me anyway. So was this 'complimentary bonus content' that i received supposed to be in addition to the gift cards that I was supposed to receive? I am thinking maybe someone forgot to get me the gift cards, or gave me the wrong ones. Please look into this for me as I really wanted the credit to buy a couple of educational videos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

capemike, I understand wanting to get the promotion that you had signed up for. We’re here to assist in reviewing the promotion. When did you purchase the S7 phones? When did you receive the Gear VR headsets?

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Zombie_Sagan

Checking in, I have yet to receive my Oculus gift card as well.  I purchased the week before Christmas.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you have received your Samsung VR headset, LINMEY41. The Samsung promo that you took advantage of was an amazing deal. Let's work together to make sure that you are able to get the rest of the promo, the Oculus gift card. Since you have confirmed the date that you bought the S7, you are within the promotional time frame. We have sent you a private message so we can gather some information to proceed. If you can reply with the requested info then that would be great.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Zombie_Sagan

I purchased mine right before Christmas and I haven't heard anything back yet either. Ivery been to the store and put in a ticket, I would like a response as son as possible.

0 Likes
JEFWIL21

I also purchased the VR Gear headset with the $50 promotional gift card - but I never received the gift card.  I've contacted Verizon 3x about this and each time they told me they would re issue it, but still not gift card.

Typical Verizon.  I have found they do not follow through on their promotions.

0 Likes
mantydad77

When I talked to the lady at Verizon she told me to contact Samsung. Like they would have clue. This was last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFWIL21, we want you to take advantage of every amazing deal on our network. Click https://samsungpromotions.com/past-promotions/ for more information regarding the promotion on the steps on how to redeem it.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes