Re: Samsung Gear S3 Watch Compatibility
Furious10
Enthusiast - Level 2

My thoughts exactly. I just "chatted" with a rep. Her answer.

"I 100% understand how frustrating it is when we don't have an exact answer on things like this. Basically what it comes down to is we have to wait on the manufacturer to tell us if we can offer them. Until they do that we are just as much in the dark as you, the customer are. We can really only go off what they tell us and what is on their website."

AT&T will sell the watch $100 lower with a contract AND I pay less each month. The coverage hear is about the same as Verizon.

I have a feeling they are going to "chat" with more frustrated customers.

0 Likes
Rubik76

I totally understand the sentiment.  I've had a long and sometimes frustrating relationship with Verizon.  For the longest time, I hated that Verizon had the most boring devices, and when they did get better ones, it was typically well after everyone else already had them.  This situation certainly reminds me of that.  I'm definitely not a Verizon apologist, and can't blame anyone for being frustrated to the point of wanting to try someplace else.  For me it comes down to network reliability and having several lines on the same account.  Maybe I can do just as well or better someplace else (maybe all networks really are within 1% of each other).  Maybe not.  For me - a customer who wants to stay with Verizon but also wants this device - this is the most attractive solution.

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee
ROGGAR95,

I don't want to see you leave the family. Let's talk. I've send you a Private Message.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

You're a valued customer and I wouldn't want you to cancel service with us, Furious10. I just sent you a private message so we can review this in more detail. I look forward to your response.

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

katim_vzw

anthonyc_vzw

I find it odd you are attempting to review via DM, in private, a question MANY people want answered. Is there something you are attempting to hide from the rest of the community? WHAT possible information do you need via private DM other than the device they want to know about. What further information other than the device model, Samsung Gear S3 4GLTE model for Verizon, do you need. Is it possible that having account information from a customer would get you ADDITIONAL information from Samsung? Are you planning to release it to SOME accounts and not others? I can't think of ANY OHTER REASON you would need to move this to a DM conversation other than not wanting to enrage the rest of the community FURTHER. Don't you think this is a generic enough question that the answer would benefit the ENTIRE community? Do you think the rest of the community is not up to the task of understanding your answer? Are you afraid the lack of answer you provide via DM would further enrage the rest of the community?

WHAT is your motive for attempting to move this to a DM dialogue away from the prying eyes of the community? There can't be ANY reason you would need private account information to answer a question such as "WILL VERIZON CARRY THIS DEVICE"?

ROGGAR95
Enthusiast - Level 3

I  left Friday...only my one line and my watch line...

The watch is not the same as the s2 with a larger screen...it's much more

The same apps work a lot better and have additional functionality ... So far, s health, sleep as android, and golf navi...awesome!

Improved settings like DND on schedule, better pin unlock time management, etc...

IMO is the next gen...Not just bigger...And the look and feel is amazing.

As for the phone itself (s7e) I miss all the bloatware ... NOT!  It's amazing how much Cra* I used to have...

I will be comparing service during cycle with wife's Verizon phone (s7e) and then decide if other lines get ported over our if I need to return to V.

I hope this helps some of you on the fence.

0 Likes
ROGGAR95
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I left out the most outstanding feature of the new GS3 ... the battery lasts for ever!

REGazer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can we just have an unequivocal answer to the following two questions: Will Verizon be releasing a compatible Samsung Gear S3 watch?  If so, when?

Ambiguous and equivocal statements are no help at all.  This is, after all, the holiday season, and I would like to be able to plan my gift shopping.  I am sure others are in the same boat. 

Thank you,

Ray 

1ERIGLe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amen Ray. Unbelievably frustrating.

0 Likes
RWB44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please send me a PM about the availability or I will be with the others and canceling my service next week. Over Verizon always being the last to the party with Product and OS releases.