Re: Samsung Gear S3 Watch Compatibility
JANETAZ55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I for one agree with alot of other folks. I will be moving my account to either AT&T or T-Mobil. It seems that no matter who you talk to with Verizon you can never get a straight answer on the watch. It is not that hard to say either way if they will carry the 4gLTE version. So tired of Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RWB44, Getting software updates can be like getting a new device. Your security is very important to us. We make sure all software released is tested and secure for use. For more information on software availability, visit: http://spr.ly/65868yOpk Are you having any problems with the watch? If so please describe.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RWB44
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's funny Verizon says that the delays on updates are due to security. Because of these excuses I've switched to a pure Google phone and get the latest updates from Google and have not had any security issues with either the updates or Verizon's network. But hey, whatever excuses work for you. Just another reason why I'm out. Any update (excuses) on when/if Verizon will be releasing the Gear S3 or is it being delayed for security concerns??? Lol

0 Likes
Hymerk

Hey there @anthonyc_vzw , do you know if I purchase the s3 frontier lte through samsung directly, if it becomes available with vzw, will I be able to activate it through vzw or would I have to purchase the watch through vzw? does that make sense? I'm looking at purchasing it within the next few days but I don't want to get it and then have vzw say I had to purchase it through them later if in want to activate it. thanks.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since the only 2 carrier options when purchasing from the Samsung website are AT&T and T-Mobile, I can't see any reason to think it would be compatible with Verizon. If it were compatible with Verizon, it would be one of the available carriers to choose on the website.

0 Likes
RONCALW

Held an online chat with Samsung last week who did not get it at first that because I was already a Verizon customer I am not interested in the watch right now with one of the other two carriers.

After I worded it like this "I can't buy them, I am on Verizon." he got the point.

So after asking him two times when will the the watch be available on Verizon, he finally answered my question ... almost.

He said that the watch is in testing and that there is no estimate on when that testing will be complete.

Very frustrating, but interesting, from the Samsung perspective, at least from the rep I was chatting with they don't seem to think it is a big deal at all that the watch is not on Verizon yet.

0 Likes
JVOL74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whatever the case maybe, Verizon and Samsung, but mainly Verizon are handling this incredibly bad.  Not one word about the release.  I'm willing to wait for it, heck I've been waiting since Aug when it was unveiled.  But the uncertainty of its release is just one last reason to switch carriers.  My only hope is that they are working on something similar to ATT's numbersync and they just need to work the bugs out.  That's about the only thing to would be worth the wait, cuz we sure as heck know it won't be cheap through verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hymerk,

Unfortunately that's a tough question to answer. At this time we do not have any information about the S3 Frontier availability with our service and commonly devices would be made specific to support a carriers network. So just as there may be compatibility issues with smartphones, while less common these days, there could be similar compatibility issues with the watch. With this in mind, there would be no way we could guarantee it would work with our network until further information is provided on it's ability.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RXtreme8
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 2 cents on the matter... Its been a very common practice for years for carriers to get exclusive rights to devices for a period of time.  Maybe less now than it used to be.... but ATT and TMo could very well have contract to block VZW & Sprint from selling the device until after Christmas. 

I got my Gear S-3G the week after it came out 2 years ago... and even though it still gets me lots of attention today when I'm out (probably because it looks and acts like mini cellphone on my wrist)... I still wear it every day and is really feeling 'dated'.  Fingers-crossed VZW will start offering it after Xmas.