Re: Samsung Gear S3 Watch Compatibility
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

jbposell, it troubling to hear you are considering an alternative and we certainly want to provide any great accessories for our customers. I would be happy to help. We want to to set the right expectation for this great new device and keep you up to speed.

Any available accessories will be added to our webpage Smart Watches Accessories - Verizon Wireless once the latest information is available. I assure you that we are always looking for areas of opportunity and appreciate the feedback in regards to this great product. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out to us.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JVOL74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another lame response from Verizon. As others have said this lack of information is certainly troubling and disappointing. We'll see what happens tomorrow but  no watch or no information will make switching carriers pretty much a done deal.

0 Likes
CORLAB67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well here's to tomorrow. I don't know if anyone from Verizon even looks at

these messages. Someone who can truefully address these issues. I almost

feel like these forums are just a way for people to hash out their

frustrations because I don't ever see anyone from Verizon providing any

sort of good information. Is not like Verizon to not announce their plan

or their release date especially after TMobile. I would think the gear S3

is a high-end items since its all over the internet. But here is to

tomorrow and hoping that Verizon Surprises us all. we shall see.

0 Likes
ROGGAR95
Enthusiast - Level 3

No surprises.  Just the same ol song.  This device is a must for me ( maybe not for the average customer, which is why V doesn't care).  Where to?  TM or ATT? and why?

JVOL74
Enthusiast - Level 3

If this were an iphone, you better believe there would have been a real nice product launch and it would have been for sale today 

Dvansan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive been looking too. i really want this watch, even though i am not usually one to want sonethis like this rigbt away. From what ive seen, ill choose att, way better coverage in my area.  i would never even consider tmobile, as their coverage in my area is extremely poor.

0 Likes
Rubik76

Here is what I have done.  I chatted with Verizon support yesterday and they suggested I buy the LTE version directly from Samsung.  When I mentioned that the LTE version on the Samsung site is AT&T-specific, I was told to have AT&T unlock it once I got it.  I checked AT&T's site and there is an automated process for unlocking AT&T devices, both for existing and non-customers.  I then chatted with Samsung support and was told that any LTE variant should work with any carrier that supports LTE.  The model number variants just indicate which carrier a device has been unlocked for (it looks like there is also at least one piece of bundled AT&T software - something called "My Digital Life").

While the assurances of a couple of support techs are not a guarantee of success and this method is not "official", I'm giving it a shot.  At worst, I won't be able to activate the watch on Verizon's network and I'll end up with the equivalent of a Bluetooth version of it.  I won't know until "early December", when Samsung ships to me.

Just a possible solution to consider, given Verizon's inability to commit to a release date.

0 Likes
Furious10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad you found a work-around but it's not what I want. They will say anything to get you to buy or stay. So...AT&T it is for me. I'll keep my phone (S6) and number AND I'll be paying about $30 less for comparable service. I can order the Frontier and it will ship November 27 or 28. Take care Verizon...see 'ya.

CORLAB67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon? Respond to your customers.

0 Likes
ROGGAR95
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is probably a good hack, and it may even work flawlessly...but why?  So you can stay with Verizon?  You could just buy it with ATT and stay there and let the watch work like it was supposed to.  I love hacks myself, but I don't feel like working out a hack to benefit Verizon when I could easily get a cheaper (with contract) option by going with their competition.