Re: Samsung Galaxy SIV - MMS issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear goldenlover1,

Good morning. I understand the importance of getting the best value for your money. It would be a pleasure to provide some clarification regarding sending a picture/video via wifi.

I would first like to thank many of our community members who provided great information. I would like to confirm that with any of our devices, MMS messages can not be sent via wifi. A VZW data connection would be required to send an MMS. I apologize for the confusion this has caused. Should you have further questions or concerns regarding your device, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great weekend.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
goldenlover1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I am aware of the need to use the 4G

connection and not wifi. The issue involves the device recognizing the need

to switch without disabling the wifi.  It seems that many other people are

experiencing the same issue.

I was able to resolve it after restarting my phone. Hopefully this will

take care of it.

Thank you,

Coreen

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

>>Duplicate post removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

Why would you" like to thank many of our community members who provided great information." When if you had read the "great information"  it is clear that the people in this thread know how SMS/MMS send, (and if they don't the education is in the thread) the issue is the hand off between wifi and and 3G/4G.  A known issue on Samsung devices.  Which for whatever reason your company fails to both identify and correct.  For those reading the reset tips and tricks....I have tried the reset, I have tried restarting in safe mode (this does work a bit better for a time) and hard resets. Nothing works for long.  I have tried this with the Nexus, the S3 and the S4. Until the issue is correctly addressed I fear we will not have a solution.

Edit-It would not let me edit my post to correct my quote

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there goldenlover1,

Woo hoo! I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running.  Keep us updated if any additional issues occur.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
linda316

Having the same issues. Now i can only send text messages with pics attached. They seem to send just fine. How annoying and how odd. New phone it was working fine how having troubles. 

0 Likes
kz1965
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issue.  Have had S4 since June.  In the beginning no problem.  For the past month or so, possibly since the last update but I'm not entirely sure, cannot send pic messages and cannot respond to group messages.  Reading other replies the only thing that just worked was turning wifi off - but I shouldn't have to do that to send a pic msg.  And like I said, this hasn't been an issue until about the past month.  Really frustrating, hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
TheMerchandise

How is it possible that this issue has been a major problem FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW (perhaps longer even) and there is still no actual fix?  Not even an update as to why this is happening or when we can expect to be able to actually use one of the more basic concepts of this phone?  And to top things off there is not even an official attempt at solving this issue.  Just the same old, turn the phone off and on again and repeatedly regurgitating the fact that WiFi actually has to be manually disabled.  Yes, we know. Verizon, what is being done to solve this problem?  It's been MONTHS!  This is bordering on ridiculous now at this point. 

0 Likes
DrunkyMcBay

Exactly. Good post. I had a similar post last month... Basically a known

issue with no (real) response from Verizon. I'm set to leave. I pay 200 a

dollars a month for horrible service, reception and phone support (back

even to the mishandling of the nexus) I might as well go with companies

that actually rank well with customer service I. E. US cellular or T

Mobile. Sorry for the rant but I am sick of this type of treatment.

On Sep 22, 2013 5:40 PM, "TheMerchandise" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kz1965,

How bizarre! And you're right, you shouldn't have to turn Wi-Fi off just to send pic and group messages. Given the nature of this issue, I recommend processing a hard reset on your device http://vz.to/176v3fz . Please backup important info, try the reset, test, and keep us updated.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes