Samsung Galaxy SIII "Gallery" app crashes repeatedly
LCSteve

I'm at my wit's end - the Gallery app on my SIII crashes repeatedly.  I've wasted an inordinate amount of time searching this COMMON issue online.  I've tried everything suggested: clearing cache, clearing data, hard reset, etc.  NOTHING works as a permanent solution (sometimes Gallery will work a few times before freezing).  Finally I downloaded a new Gallery App "Quick Pic" which worked fine the first few times, and then IT froze!  Apparently (obviously?) there's a problem with either the OS (4.3) or the phone itself.  Even though I've been content with this phone for a year or so, including the Gallery app, I'm now about to give up on Samsung products and go to an iPhone or something else.

Is there a fix for this problem?  (Other than throwing the phone into Monterey Bay...)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII "Gallery" app crashes repeatedly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to bring your your to the top performance you deserve LCSteve! You mentioned doing a hard reset but fix is not permanent. If issues are resolved with a hard reset and then after a few days or weeks issues reoccur, this is an indication that the is encountering some conflict with third party applications being installed after hard reset. I recommend doing hard reset and not installing all your third party apps at once. Instead, install them one at a time and test for a few hours before the next install, this process will help you identify the culprit app and delete it for good. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to bring your your to the top performance you deserve LCSteve! You mentioned doing a hard reset but fix is not permanent. If issues are resolved with a hard reset and then after a few days or weeks issues reoccur, this is an indication that the is encountering some conflict with third party applications being installed after hard reset. I recommend doing hard reset and not installing all your third party apps at once. Instead, install them one at a time and test for a few hours before the next install, this process will help you identify the culprit app and delete it for good. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
BestHR

I completed the upgrade as well, and there are tons of glitches - my phone was flawless before this ridiculous update!!!  My phone randomly restarts itself, the camera locks up when I use it, when recording video the phone will lock up - and not record what was supposedly recording, it says I'm running out of storage space and need to delete files, which I have done, and now it shows I have less storage space than I did before I removed/deleted files! This update and phone are USELESS!

0 Likes