Samsung Galaxy S7 not reading files on MicroSD card
Alarue

The MicroSD card works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4. When I put it into the S7, the phone recognizes that the card is inserted, but it doesn't show any of the files on the card. These are basic files like images (JPGs) and songs (MP3s) and PDFs. Sometimes I can see the folders on the card and browse into them (although there are still no files appearing in the folders), other times even the folders are not there.

Again, the card itself works fine on other devices. When I check storage on the S7, it shows that 23 GB of the 64 GB card is in use, but none of the files are accessible or visible.

I've gone through the basic troubleshooting tips such as restarting in safe mode and cleaning the card, but no luck.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 not reading files on MicroSD card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try copying all the info. off the SD card onto your computer, then put the SD card into the phone and format it (this will erase everything on the memory card, hence the need to copy everything to your computer first).

Format SD Card - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

Then copy everything back onto the SD card from your computer and see if the phone can read the memory card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 not reading files on MicroSD card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try copying all the info. off the SD card onto your computer, then put the SD card into the phone and format it (this will erase everything on the memory card, hence the need to copy everything to your computer first).

Format SD Card - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

Then copy everything back onto the SD card from your computer and see if the phone can read the memory card.

0 Likes