Samsung Galaxy S7 Sound cuts/fades out
cflagg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problems with my handset that literally thousands of other Samsung users are having and reporting around the internet.  The general idea is that no one is standing behind the problem, and factory resets and every other option has failed.

The problem comes into play when using the external speaker on the phone and playing audio.  This could be phone call, Youtube, Instagram, whatever.  Anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds into play, the sound will actually fade gently out to 0 or sometimes just cut off.  Then you can push (somewhat hard) on the phone's screen about an inch above the bottom and the sound will magically come back on.  There are more reports about this than I care to count, but we would certainly like some sort of answer!

My handset is only about 3 months old, and I've been dealing with it for about a month reading and hoping there would be an answer.

The fading seems like a software problem, but the pushing on the phone makes me think hardware...

It's been covered by several tech outlets and basically Samsung's response has been that they're not replacing the units, but are aware of the problem...  This is starting to smell like a class action lawsuit to me...

PLEASE spare me the factory reset option, since countless people have tried and failed at this.  Not worth wiping the phone to have the same thing happen the next day...

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Sound cuts/fades out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cflagg,

We understand that audio issues can be frustrating especially when there are reports online about others experiencing the same thing. Our goal is to ensure that your deice is working properly. In order to do so, we must complete all applicable troubleshooting, which may include a factory reset. We checked to see if Samsung had confirmed any known issues with us, but they haven't. To begin, please place your device in Safe Mode using the steps shown on this link http://vz.to/2bU7J1j . Once in Safe Mode, test the device's speakerphone audio to see if the same thing happens. Let us know how it goes.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DanMan2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

Were you able to get your phone fixed? I had same issue. Your comment about pushing on phone got me thinking. I was able to turn my sound on and off by squeezing and twisting phone body. see my response in the thread.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Sound-cuts-fades-...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with sound on your Samsung Galaxy S7 DanMan2018. I know how frustrating it can be to have sound issues when you're on a call, listening to a video or music on your device. Thanks for trying all of the troubleshooting steps you've listed. You've completed all of the steps we could provide when having your specific issue. The last step is a replacement device. We would like to discuss your replacement options but will need to access and verify your account.

I will send you a private message to gather some information.  

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes