Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update - Feb 2019
kevinfb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody else upload this software update and have their phone slow down dramatically. Very laggy. 

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update - Feb 2019
doyler56
Enthusiast - Level 1

The upgrade made my phone so slow it is almost unusable. It takes several seconds to respond to any command. Not hapy about it at all.

Klue
Master - Level 1

I just did the update on mine and there is no changes. Just as fast as ever.

Nando87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Haven't had any issues with my phone lagging! But, since the update, I'm constantly being disconnected from every wifi network with the error "internet not available", which is odd as every other device connects perfectly. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@doyler56 Let's get your device fixed right away. Please ensure to power the device off and on again to start troubleshooting. Ensure that all your other Apps are up to date as well. Let us know once this is completed.  

GenevieveB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kevinfb, the software update should help the phone’s performance, so we regret to read about the problem. We are here to assist with the slowness on the device. Please give an example of your experience that shows how the phone is lagging? Are all the apps up to date as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-105501/?
Nando87, keeping you connected to Wi-Fi networks is important, so we are here to assist. How are other services on the phone working? About how long does it take to disconnect from the Wi-Fi networks?

DavidC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MELROB1

Yes, my phone is now much slower, after the upgrade. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MELROB1,

Having a fast, responsive phone is key. It makes us sad to hear that you're slower after the update as those are supposed to improve your phone. Help is here. Are all apps affected? Does this happen when connected to Wi-Fi or when connected to LTE? Is it your phone's data speed or the performance itself that seems to be slower? 

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

My phone has been very slow since I did the last update. I have cleared the cache partition like I always recommend that you do after an update and still it is just slow. When I go into txt message app I know I have a txt in there but it takes a few seconds longer to load the txt. Before this update if I got a txt I could see it before I went into the app. I hope this all works out after a few days. I know they claim it takes a few days for the phone to get use to the update. I am using the yellow messaging app not the verizon one 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Not sure if you were asked this or if it was brought up but did you clear the cache partition from the recovery mode? It didn't work for me but it may have helped some other phones. I have not been on here for awhile but this new format is going to take a lot to get use to

0 Likes