Samsung Galaxy S7 Keeps Updating
Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last week, I upgraded to the 7S. Shortly afterward, I was told an update was available. I let my phone update, then immediately, it wanted to update again. It did this four times before I finally called tech support. The tech told me to reset my phone, which I did, and it fixed it, until today. Today it started doing the same thing again. I called tech support again, and they asked me to return the phone to the store for a replacement. I didn't want to do that, since I'd bought an expensive screen protector and it couldn't be removed. So I dug around on Google and found a solution. I saw this was a common problem with Verizon S7 phones, so I thought I'd come here and tell everyone how I fixed mine, in case others are having the same issue. What you have to do it update the phone using the computer app. If you plug your phone into your computer, one of the options you see on your phone is to connect as an installer. Verizon will then install a program on your computer that will update your phone. That's what I did, and the update installed correctly. However, I still got a notice on my phone that an update was available. I clicked on it, and it started the update, but then stopped once it saw the update had been installed. I had to restart the phone again after about 15 minutes, but now the update is installed, I haven't had any more notices, and the new update (Android 7) is working on my phone.

Tags (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Keeps Updating
bearone21
Legend

chances are you were using the network with 5-12mbps speeds & the update was large & kept timing out.....try it on wi-fi.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Thank you for sharing this. This program will fix a lot of issues with a Samsung phone after an update. Other people can get it at

Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

Once again thank you for sharing

Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was using wifi. I would never try an update by burning up my data.

clin759
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for posting this!! I am usually tech savy but was at wits end over this!! The Verizon app was a little tricky installing on my PC but I finally got it installed..after a couple attempts to install.. it Finally took...it looks to be Working Now..if you had any later issues over this please advise!!

Thanks again!!!