Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Draining Inconsistently
evanaly12

Recently, I've noticed that my Samsung Galaxy S7 battery drains inconsistently. I recently moved and ever since my phone will drain from 100% down to the 40-50% range overnight. However, at my work my phone will only go down to 80-90% charge from fully charged. Obviously while I am sleeping, I am not using my phone at all, and I make sure that all apps are closed. But at work, I occasionally use my phone (make a phone call, send a text, check social media, etc).

It just doesn't make sense to me at all about why my phone is dying faster when it's not in use than when it does when I am using it.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Any known solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Draining Inconsistently
bearone21
Legend

it depends how many items are updating....check settings/lock screen/notifications....probably all selected!!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Draining Inconsistently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a long battery life on your device is very important, and we do want to make sure that we offer some additional steps, evanaly12.  Bearone21 does have some good recommendations to check, and there are a few more things that you can try.  The only time that location can plan a role in battery drain is when you are in a very weak signal area or a dead zone, because the phone is then searching for signal more.  If you have no signal issues at the new location, then I would recommend going to Settings > Battery  and you can scroll down to see if there are any particular apps that are draining the battery after you get up. 

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes