Samsung Galaxy S7 - Add Ringtones Issue?
bb67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any known issue with the new Samsung galaxy S7 in regard to adding new ringtones? I go to Setting --> Sounds and Vibration --> Ringtone, than when I scroll down and tap + Add Ringtone, it goes back to previous screen. I have Soft Reset device as well. Any thoughts

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 - Add Ringtones Issue?
schoondog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine offers 3 options one of which I downloaded. Download ZEDGE from the play store. I also have sound picker and cloud. Sound picker opens up my media for ringtone options. Do you have media downloaded on the phone you want to use as a ringtone?

View solution in original post

Dioxian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having same exact issue. NC phone here. Is it something in the software Verizon? update soon?

0 Likes
Dioxian
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the answer on another Verizon forum. If anyone needs to know this is how I got an mp3 as a ringtone by bypassing the add ringtone prompt.

I had to connect via usb and set phone to an MTP connection. Then transfer the sound file to the ringtone folder on the phone. At that point it shows up on the ringtone list as a ringtone then you just select it like any other ringtone.

Enjoy

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also use a file explorer app from the Play Store to move music from the music folder to the ringtones folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

schoondog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine offers 3 options one of which I downloaded. Download ZEDGE from the play store. I also have sound picker and cloud. Sound picker opens up my media for ringtone options. Do you have media downloaded on the phone you want to use as a ringtone?

bb67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Zedge too and have ringtones I downloaded on my previous S5 that transferred over. I'll try the work around suggestions.

0 Likes
mlippitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

My custom ringtone, placed in the internal device’s Ringtone folder, works for a short period of time. It gets played when I receive a phone call. But then the S7’s custom ringtone gets replaced in the settings with VZW Airwaves.

I suspect this replacement happens after a period of time, a few hours, or whenever I get a phone call from another Verizon wireless phone.

Shortly after I reconfigure with my custom ringtone, if I get a call from a non-Verizon wireless phone, the custom ringtone will work. A few hours later I find the phone has changed the ringtone setting back to VZW Airwaves. But it has not deleted the custom ringtone from the Internal Storage directory named Ringtones

How do I prevent Verizon from changing my ringtone setting?

Running Android 6.0.1

0 Likes
mlippitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tested the stomping of my ringtone with an incoming Verizon wireless caller and it did not change my ringtone. But when I did a phone restart the ringtone got changed back to VZW Airwaves. So in addition to restart there is some Verizon/Samsung sweep that causes a custom ringtone to be over-ridden..

0 Likes