Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Those of you who ordered a Samsung Galaxy S7 on New Year's Day 2017 -  did you ever start receiving your $18/month credit yet?  This was supposed to effectively make the phone cost only $10/month instead of $28/month once the credit started in 2-3 billing cycles. See the copy of Verizon Wireless' January 1, 2017 webpage on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 2017 New Year's today only promotion
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

mhalla99​, I am glad to see that you have been able to get this resolved. 

The promotion that was ran on New Years Day did required a purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 together in order to pay only $17 a month with device payment. The cost of the Galaxy  S7 would had been $10 and $7 for the Galaxy Tab S2.

However, I want to make sure that we can help all others on this form receive their credits for their Galaxy S7 purchased on Jan 1.

To the following NICBER31​, hopejones​, ZEIGLER76​, AFSAVV80​, EBSTER3​, PM63​, GREKIR47​, JKreit​, stahles1​, CRAGLO32kgrzed​, SUEWAL34​, MICO30​, et1988​, Lmay82​, please check your Inbox for my Direct Message to assist.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mhalla99, we are here to help you. How many devices did you purchase?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

LauraL_VZ to answer your question I purchased one Samsung Galaxy S7 on New Year's Day online via the Verizon website.  I started the order process by clicking on the S7 picture that was accompanied by a red $ tag and text saying "Now only $10/mo. Today only."  Upon submitting my order I received, on my computer screen, an order confirmation that among other information included text saying "CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU ARE GETTING THIS DEVICE FOR $10.00/MO INSTEAD OF $28.00/MO. CREDIT OF $18.00/MO BEGINS W/IN 2-3 CYCLES."  Sorry the all caps are not mine. That is exactly how the message was displayed on the order confirmation screen so please don't think I am text shouting at you.  I saved a screenshot of the confirmation.  After repeated calls, Verizon chats, and Facebook Messenger contacts I have gotten nowhere with attempts to get Verizon to provide to my account the credit noted in my confirmation.  I have shared the screenshot time and again with Verizon support staff in trying to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
NICBER31

I have the same exact issue.  Spent an hour in my local Verizon store today, most of which was spent talking to customer service.  Rep said the only promotion that day was to get the s7 and a tablet together.  Complete [removed]. I saw the ad on tv,  logged on to Verizon website, and signed up for the s7 only deal.  $10 a month after $18 a month bill credit.  Got the same conformation as you did.  Really makes me mad.  My s5 was working just fine but I figured for $10/month what the heck?  Now they are denying the offer.  Real nice.

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, mhalla99. In review of my resources, I was able to locate a New Year promotion that included the $18 monthly credit outlined in your post. This promotion required that you trade-in a device to be eligible for the monthly credit. Did you submit your trade-in as required? If you did what phone model did you trade-in?

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
hopejones

I have received NOTHING!!! I have called them every month now. They keep telling me I had to have purchased the Tab2 as well in order to have gotten the Samsung Galaxy S7 for $10/month! They said I would NOT be receiving the credit. I am highly UPSET!!!! They are lying!

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

AntonioC_VZW the Today only promotion on New Year's Day did not require a trade-in.  Click on this link - Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless   There you will find a third party archive of the Verizon wireless webpage on January 1 where the S7 is offered for $10/month after the $18/month credit is applied and absolutely no mention of a trade-in requirement.  With so many different promotions offered by Verizon I can understand how how searching for the applicable one could be a problem.  Below is the transcript of an earlier chat with another Verizon support rep.  When the credit still did not show up in the fourth billing cycle I contacted Verizon yet again.  I have plenty more documentation to share of my contacts with Verizon regarding this promotion the company is failing to honor.

Reference number:    [Removed]

[Removed]

personal information and chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

hopejones I've been told the same by Verizon Wireless in subsequent contacts with them however if it was necessary to also purchase the tablet why did their website permit customers like you and me and others to purchase one without the other and provide us with confirmation that the $18/month credit would be coming in 2-3 cycles?

0 Likes
mhalla99
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Removed] my chat session conducted 03/20/17, let me paraphrase for those of you who read this thread after the transcript's removal.  In my chat session the representative said not to worry, everything is recorded, a check of the receipts shows the purchase was made on 01/01/2017 so the S7 qualified for the $10.00 monthly and my credit would begin in the fourth cycle.

discussing moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mhalla99, I know I want to be sure I get the best value. We want to make sure you do as well. So that we can take a closer look, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes