Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 dropping calls!
jpsi
0 Likes
jpsi

Today I had a billng issue with Verizon which the representative cleared up very quickly to my satisfaction.  At the end of the call she asked for a response to a question and she could not hear me on my Galaxy S5.  I have had some luck in the past switching to speaker mode but that did not help.  Something needs to be done about this.  Can anyone stir up an attorney willing to start a class action suit so that we can break our contracts and get a different phone?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Seeing how the fcc has banned class action lawsuits, especially for ridiculous reasons, no.

rlbryce36
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to both Verizon and Samsung.  I rebooted the phone and worked great no dropped calls until I had to do the update again and now dropped calls all over again. I have a chat id with Samsung to get fixed if not they are sending me  a newer phone

0 Likes
13Susan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues off and on since I got my S6 in April. I do not receive most of my calls, some of my out going calls ring twice then disconnect and I have no idea if it goes through on the other end, and my text messages fail. I am so sick of this phone not working. In my opinion it's a tablet. I can play games, Facebook, and email but no phone type services. It is absolutely worthless. I am on my second phone which doesn't make me happy as I am paying a monthly fee on a used phone when I returned a brand new phone and I am still having the same problems. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with Tech Support. They flip a few switches and it works for a day or two but no longer. Contacted Samsung with no help they asked me to mail them my phone, I have no other phone so what am I supposed to do then. I hate this phone worse than the Motorola I traded in on the S6  and I wanted to smash it with a hammer because of it's sluggishness, but at least I received my calls. I'm not an Apple fan but may have to switch as my husband and daughter have iPhones and never have a problem.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well back in the day you had to send your phone to them for repair. So reactivate an older phone ask a friend to borrow their phone or suspend your service. Your call if you want it fixed.

0 Likes
Lambre

I am sad but Glad to know its not just me.  I have been dealing with these issues since I got my phone in June.  I returned one phone and got a second and same issues.  The s6 has an issue and Verizon and Samsung cant fix it.  My voice drops out and then comes back. Hard to run a business when your clients cant hear you.  And Verizon hasn't been helpful.  They create a ticket and then don't ever call back.  I had to call many many times.  Also the #832 thing also was a sham.  I did that and they said they didn't see any of those.  Again I have been waiting for a call back from Verizon for a long time. NOT HAPPY

0 Likes
chrsbrq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sending Verizon your phone and having them replace it with a new one isn't going to solve your problem.  I've done that 3 times.  I am on my FOURTH S6 edge and they have all done the same thing.  The problem is the HD Calling.  You must disable it.  However, this sends your device back 5 years into the past where you can no longer use voice and data at the same time.

It is very frustrating that Samsung decided to remove the second antenna in the Galaxy phones.  This is what we had up until the S6 model which is the root of all of our problems.  If the LTE signal is weak, them call quality is greatly affected.  And this is bad because Samsung put in a faulty LTE antenna into the S6.

Verizon even has this information on their FAQ page...

Advanced Calling 1.0 for Android Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless

When I'm using Advanced Calling 1.0, what can I do to avoid dropped calls if I'm in a weak 4G LTE coverage area?

If you're in an area with a weak 4G LTE signal, you may want to consider temporarily turning off the VoLTE Call setting on your phone to avoid dropped calls.

Note: Remember to turn it back on when you're in a strong 4G LTE coverage area to take advantage of HD Voice and Video Calling.

0 Likes