Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 dropping calls!
fitnesswithclaudia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone that apparently deleted their comment asked me to stop being sarcastic, well ya know, when someone like the guy all but cashed the rest of us [removed] for not reading reviews, yeah it made me mad. If you have something helpful to say, trust me, we all want to hear it. I also believe the ones that comment without any helpful advice but downing those of us that are stuck with these phones are Verizon employees. Look, I think I speak for all of us experiencing these issues that we don't care whose fault it is, we would just like a fix to be able to use the phone the way it was intended. That is all.

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
zfleck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope that this helps some of the people who were having the same issue that I was.  My phone was dropping calls over and over again.  Ironically, I was on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and the call was dropped twice! But, I did a soft reset (hold the power and volume down button for 10 seconds), then left the phone off for 5 minutes.  When I turned it on it seemed to be stable again.  I will keep an eye on it and update this post if that is not the case.  I was ready to get rid of this phone, which would have been a shame because it is really a beautiful device!

chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess add me to the list.

I've noticed that reception since turning on advanced calling has been absolutely AWFUL.  It's not just voice, either, but frequently texts get hung up trying to send, too.  Verizon touts its unbeatable 4G coverage, but even in places where I should get great coverage, I don't.  Therefore I would argue that as-is, the phone is defective.  Turning off advanced calling is not an option since I need both very frequently.

Lenovo got burned with their bloatware packages recently.  Verizon should take that lesson, and all the other problems caused by their bloatware, and make some changes.  8GB of bloatware is just ridiculous, especially if it's poorly implemented and degrades the service.

Possibly related, I am not exactly thrilled with the battery life of this device, either.  It seems others are experiencing similar with Galaxy Sx devices running Lollipop.

Waiting impatiently for a fix.

0 Likes
zfleck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well as an update to the post I put above...the soft reset didn't end up fixing the issue.  In fact since that point the problem has got worse. I use this phone for business, so now the phone has cost me money as well! Anyways, I spent 8 hours on the phone with Verizon Tech, and then Verizon customer service, then back to tech, then over to sales....who wanted to send me to Tech again....so that I could finally get my phone exchanged within the 14 day window.  I finally got this done, but I am still unhappy with the situation.

0 Likes
Shapress7779

I just got the galaxy S6 and the same thing happened to me I took it back to the store and they changed the SIM card and it was fine after that

0 Likes
Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish it was that easy Sharpess, sadly your issues will continue, give it time

0 Likes
wyathurman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Leojay. We have done the SIM card thing to no avail. Verizon

continues to blame Samsung. "Our network is good. It is the hardware".

That may be true but I don't care. I have a phone I bought from Verizon to

use on the Verizon network. It fails me on a regular basis. My calls

regularly go to voicemail and never ring. They are responsible and need to

make it right. Pointing fingers is only doing one thing. PISSING ME OFF.

0 Likes
vw-user-rhh

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge about a month ago and started frequently experiencing these same problems of dropped/faded calls and generally weak and variable LTE signal strength.  I went back to the Verizon Wireless store today and was advised to turn off the HD VoLTE advanced calling option to see if that fixed the problem.  I'll have to see how that goes, but I'm more than irritated that I may have to now disable the features that were used to sell me the phone in the first place, just so I can get it's fundamental function to work properly.  How does something like this escape proper testing?  How do we get the phone that was sold to us?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then maybe the phone should have been returned until the issues were fixed.

chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So get this: even with advanced calling enabled, the phone sometimes reverts to 3G or even 1x (as it is at this moment) in an area with what is typically great 4G coverage.  Call quality is poor in ANY network mode, though--but especially 4G. 

0 Likes