Samsung Galaxy S6 dropping calls!
Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so frustrated after getting this phone. I travel the same route every day and this state of the art,  top of the line phone does not perform as well as prior phones with regard to its connectivity. My callers tell me my voice fades away while speaking to them, and then sometimes the call gets disconnected. I love everything else about the phone but find myself miserable with people saying "are you still there?" Verizon has replaced the Sim card and also the entire phone,  no luck.  Verizon has started an investigation and has me dialing #832 every time this happens so they can see if it's caused by when the phone hands off the call to a new tower. Keep calling them people to let them know that this fancy Volte WiFi calling phone needs an update!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 dropping calls!
Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so happy to read this post! Yay, I’m not alone. I have been driving around with Advanced calling turned off because the need to make and receive clear calls greatly outweighs the necessity to have data use during a call. That said I’m distraught over the thought that the phone I waited for so patiently to be released is putting me backwards in functionality. Listen up SAMSUNG/VERIZON…………FIX THIS AND STOP POINTING FINGERS!!

walron28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I'm suffering the same problem - my voice fades away and everyone I talk to is mad about it.  Especially for work.

I'm so frustrated !!!  It sounds like it hasn't truly been fixed yet.  I"ll be watching your posts.

Thanks for sharing.

Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the update I have here is positive. I have been using the phone with the Advanced calling turned off for a few weeks now and the phone is perfect. Not one dropped call. Of course the bad news remains that I can no longer enjoy any data use during a call, sucks, going backwards

walron28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weird thing is I've never turned on advanced calling features.

0 Likes
Leojay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to settings / Advanced calling. Turn it off and try it for a week and report back, you will see that the problem is gone.

0 Likes
walron28
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI,

I appreciate the information, but it was never turned on in my phone.

Advanced settings has always been off.

Thanks.

Flash0411
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought the Galaxy S6 on May 8th and experienced numerous dropped calls.  I also had a problem with my voice fading in and out so that the person on the other end couldn’t hear me.  With great regret, I returned the phone last night and had my old Galaxy S3 reactivated.

What a step backwards and major disappointment.  My contract with Verizon ended last August and I’d waited 9 months for the S6 based on the rumors of it being a significant upgrade of the S5.  Interestingly, after the reactivation of my S3 I was told by someone that he could more clearly hear my voice and the enunciation of my words sounded better.

It’s been frustrating dealing with Verizon because I haven’t been able to get anyone to admit that there’s an issue.  I called Samsung and was told that there will eventually be a software update from Samsung to correct the problem.  There is no release date yet.  They asked for my email address and told me that I’ll be notified when it’s available. Since Sprint and AT&T Galaxy S6 owners are claiming to have the same problem with dropped calls, it does seem likely that it’s a problem on Samsung’s end.

Juan-Q, thanks for posting the results of your dealings with both Verizon and Samsung. I thought my phone was a defective one, but now I know better.

If anyone gets any new updates on when there will be a fix, please post this information.  I’m really anxious to give the S6 another try once the problem has been corrected.  With the exception of the phone call issues, it’s an amazing phone.

fitnesswithclaudia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny I spoke with Verizon tech dept Wednesday and they told me there was no such thing as #832 that they could track dropped calls without us having to do that.

0 Likes
fitnesswithclaudia
Enthusiast - Level 2

They need to stop pointing fingers and just fix the issue..."HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" Sorry but no, not with the Samsung....ops call dropped! Dang didn't get to finish my conversation...annoying!

0 Likes