Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps restarting
ctgyrl

After a software update, my Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps restarting when it is not plugged in to a power supply.  I have checked the battery and even replaced with a new battery and the phone still demonstrates the same problem.  I have also started the phone in safe mode to try to determine if the issue is caused by one of the apps on the phone.  Even while the phone was in safe mode I continued to have the problem with the phone continuously restarting.  Any solutions here??

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 keeps restarting
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You may have to backup your phone and try to clear the cache partition first and if that doesn't work you may have to do the factory reset. That was what I had to do when my s5 was doing the same thing.

0 Likes
betourne

Right after I installed the latest software security update, my Galaxy S5 kept restarting in a loop until I started charging it.  It stabilized.  Upon checking out the system I discovered that the camera flash had turned itself OFF.  I tried to turn it ON without success.  There was a warning that the phone had overheated.  It was not hot although it was when the update was installing.  I turned the phone OFF and rebooted.  I could turn the flash ON.  I took a picture. (The battery was at 74% when I took the picture.)  The phone immediately crashed and went into the rebooting loop again until I plugged in a charger. Although there was a flash, no picture was taken.  There appears to be something seriously wrong with this security update.  I have no idea how many other problems there are because I stopped looking.

0 Likes
DONBER92
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same problem.  I took it to the Verizon store last night and they tried a factory reboot but it didn't work.  Now I am out of a phone with no advance warning.  Not happy. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONBER92 We are worried to learn about your Samsung S5 not working properly. I would feel upset if I reset my device and it still didn't function. Let's turn this into a better experience. We'll gather some more details and determine the next step. Which charger are you using? Is there any physical or moisture damage?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you said after they did the factory reboot are you meaning the factory reset? If that is what you meant and you said didn't work do you mean you are having the same problem as betourne with the boot-loop and camera problems or did you mean that it just would not start up at all?

0 Likes
DONBER92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using an aftermarket charger. The only thing that changed is the latest

Samsung software update on Tuesday night. After that, phone started

turning itself off at random times and then went into an endless attempt to

reboot. Took it to my local store. The guy tried a factory reboot but that

didn't work either. He tried to sell me a new phone but the one I wanted

was not in stock.

On Sep 22, 2017 2:42 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

They tried to sell me a new phone when I had problems with my S5. Before you get in to all that I would try here if you can get the phone started or try Volume up- Power- Home. Then try connecting your phone to a computer and see if this will work

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

Let us know if it helped.

jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Repair Assistant is an excellent idea, kathy65793. I apologize for any troubles you and others have experienced but I want to make sure that we’ve covered all our bases for getting a working phone into your hands. As another suggestion, immediately when the device powers to the home/lock screen please try to put it into Airplane Mode (Settings > Airplane Mode). If this stops the power cycle loop proceed then go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play services and 'Uninstall Updates'. if it continues, and you also try the Repair Assistant, please let me know.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KINGRUTN2TN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Happening to me as well. Phone keeps starting and stopping. Already have a claim in to àsurion cause "IAINTGOTIMEFORTHIS!!"

Confounding circomstance ar all the above cracked screen moisture heat hos.tile work environment. Thought screen went dark but im watching it project Samsung logo and some blue text that says "attempting recovery" every 10 seconds. Some [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes