Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the details DrStephenCW! I am sorry to learn of all the issues with your phone after the latest update! I was also experiencing similar issues after updating, and I resolve all post update issues with a factory reset. Please visit this link http://vz.to/1b59FYH for step by step instructions **uncheck at step 4 - very important**. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dynamic8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree.  Forced to update a week ago, my phone shuts off in the iddle of calls, texts, data, etc and I lose everything.  It does this often, sometimes only a few minutes apart.  Photos won't post to facebook, and camera often doesn't work or the phone will shut down when trying to take a picture!  Worthless update and NOW WORTHLESS phone!  I also have the Galaxy 10.1 pad that has been more trouble than it's worth... haven't used it in months!  SAMSUNG is a #$&%@ company and I will never buy another product from them again.

0 Likes
dynamic8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I've been waiting to use the tech chat, but it's been too busy...I can see why.  Unfortunately, so many updates are actually worse.  They should have provided information BEFORE sending the update and let us CHOOSE whether we want to add it.  I had no choice.  After ignoring it for several days, my phone would no longer work until it was added.  And now it has so many problems it never had before!  It never shut down in the middle of a call, text, web, data, etc.  Now it does it numerous times a day, and I lose everything.  Then I have to take the time to restart my phone. Really bad when receiving a call; even the call inID info is lost.  I need a phone that works... not some experiemental device that Samsung can destroy.

VERIZON, you should be ASHAMED of yourself for such poor customer service!  Don't you ever check these these updates prior to llowing Samsung/others access to downloading them on our phones?  After being a Verizon customer for over 20 years, I am ready to terminate further service.  Can't even get tech support to discuss this problem (with so many problems due to this Samsung update, you should have added more tech support). 

0 Likes
DrStephenCW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really didn't want to reset my phone so I tried a lot of different things in terms of restarting, charging it while off, etc.  Eventually I left it off for 2 hours, without charging, and when I turned it back on I did not get an old Amber alert and now the CPU for Android OS seems reasonable.  It's the middle of my work day and I'm at 83% battery and my phone is not overheating.  Good luck everyone - I don't know what actually fixed it.  I just tried a lot of things.  Come to think of it maybe it was turning it off rather than doing a restart that was the key thing.  Who knows?