Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 update
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

my phone gets really hot too and it gets stuck.im so disgusted with Verizon and this phone!! and they never want to be accountable for their bs.always trying to comeback with something you did wrong instead of fixing THEIR PROBLEM

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

I've found the Verizon backup to be rather primitive, anemic, and restrictive.  Try using Google for contacts, calendar, and email and you never have to worry about whether your important data is backed up, or whether you will have access to that information when you need it.  It's always available, all the time.

0 Likes
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do..

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 update
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

why is it that there is no thumbs down ☹

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Brighteyes610,

We want you to be happy with your device and services! We definitely want to get your device back to working properly. I have read your post, and just to clarify, your device is currently flashing a black screen, chrome does not sync, it gets hot, not able to access wifi, and is not able to access the verizon cloud since the recent S4 update? We want to make sure that we get your issue resolved properly.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

no you mixed up all of what I said.do you have access to my account to resolve anything? because I sure do not need someone asking me did I get my phone wet..or did I use the right charger.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please accept my apologies, brighteyes610! Our questions about your device are meant to help us get the root of the problem, not aggravate you. Yes, we do have the ability to review your account, and I think we should do so. That way, we can communicate more openly about what's going on, and review your full range of options.

In order to do that, I'll need you to send me a DM. You'll need to accept my follow request, and follow my handle (DionM_VZW). Here are instructions on how to follow: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
MudBone827
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, my phone has started doing what I have been posting about in this thread(see all my replies as well as other topics by me, all concerning issues on this KitKat update). I am now contemplating forwarding all posts with all replies to the BBB, FTC, FCC and anyone else I can think of about this and bring phone back to store to get my money back and cut off all ties to verizon for the simple reason that verizon is doing NOTHING to address the myriad of problems being caused by the new KitKat update which is being caused, IMO, by the TON OF BLOATWARE that verizon adds to a working OS that doesn't give the other cellular providers the trouble verizon users are having. I am now beyond being consoled, so, verizon don't bother replying unless it's to inform us of a rollback(and don't say a rollback isn't possible because this is so untrue) or an update fix. I would advise everyone having problems to do the same because it's not your phone, it's the Verizon adulterated KitKat update that they refuse to take responsibility for. It's time for big business to stop taking advantage of the little guy.

0 Likes
DrStephenCW
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is running hot and using 100% CPU.  The Battery tab shows that Android OS is running at 100% CPU.  My phone time is about 4 hours (it's been 2 hours and 53% battery left) until the battery will be dead.  Before the update it would easily last most of the day and only use 50% charge.  I have to turn the phone off to let it cool and to get it to last a few more hours, in case I need to make a call.  Obviously I can't receive any calls while it is turned off.

I would love to think that there is some setting somewhere that got borked and that I can change it without resetting my phone to factory defaults.  Resetting the phone means reinstalling Google Authenticator, Kindle Reading App, and lots of other apps that I will have to re-authenticate.  It's really a lot of work.

Usually when an iPhone update does this kind of thing it is something like notifications firing more often than they used to and it can be fixed by turning off notifications for a misbehaving app.  Here, since the usage in the Android OS, I have no idea what to do except turn off the phone to keep it from burning up and also running the battery down to 0%, which Lithium Ion batteries do not like.

I look forward to hearing about a fix for this problem.  It's not quite like bricking the phone, but it is close, since I have to turn it off.

0 Likes
DrStephenCW
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way, I have been charging my phone with the official charger that shipped with the phone.

Also, sometimes when I restart the phone, it plays a very loud, outdated Amber alert.

0 Likes