Samsung Galaxy S4 update problems
dynamic8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ignored the request to update my S4 phone for over a week when at last it would not let me use my phone without updating... I was FORCED into this update even though I had not yet received any information about its purpose, use, changes, etc.  Immediately upon restarting the phone after the update, I began having terrible problems.  It freezes often and needs to be restrtrd or I will sufdden be interrupted in the middle of a call, text, data use, etc. and cut off.  Calls have been dropped nemerous times when trying to answer the phone, messages and data lost when this red screen pops up (with the Verizon logo), and often needing a reboot too. I can no longer share photos on social media and texts, and often I am interrupted when taking a picture (camera won't work; freezes).

I am reading that others are having problems as well.    HELP!  What is VERIZON's plan for fixing this PROBLEM update?  I've been with Verizon over 20 years and that is because Ihad trust in the quality of your products and service.  Now I am going to have to rethink my allegiance... I NEED a WORKING phone.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 update problems
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried doing a system cache clear?  If that doesn't help, you might try backing everything up and doing a factory data reset.  Either/both may not help, but it wouldn't hurt to try (well, other than the time it will take to put your phone back the way you want it if you do an FDR).

0 Likes
hopefloats34

I am having issues with poor camera quality after the upgrade also.

0 Likes
Susie52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having camera problems.  The focus happens BEFORE you touch the shutter button and doesn't re-focus.  Therefore the pictures are all blurry because touching the button causes movement.  And then there are times that the shutter button doesn't work at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You definitely need your camera to work correctly Susie52. Please try it without a case, if you have one. If it's still giving you a problem, please carefully clean the lense, and try it again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Shawn3090
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Can you please stop beating around the bush and let us know what is going on with this update and if/when a fix will be available? It has crippled mine and my father's phone. I was able to fix mine with a factory reset, but he is too technologically inept to properly back up and restore his data, and I will not be able to see him for another month. These phones are critical for our business, and we would expect at least a halfway decent level of support on a business account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you and your father to love and enjoy the s4. While there isn't any official info on if/when a new update will be available, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site. Here's a link to check weekly, http://vz.to/1sif5gW. Were you able to do a factory reset on your father's device yet? What's the status on it?

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes