Samsung Galaxy S4 stuck on Verizon screen
sam2423

Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S4 is stuck on the white Verizon boot screen upon startup. I have had this phone since July and this is the first time I have had this problem. It happened earlier this morning, but I was able to get it started again. It happened again...

Any advice for getting past this without a factory reset?

Thanks..

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 stuck on Verizon screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

Well for starters, turn the phone off, then pull the battery out for 30 seconds.  While you have the battery out pull the sim card out then reinstall it also. Turn the phone back on, that might clear things up.

0 Likes
sam2423

I've tried that a few times but to no luck.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

You can try to force the phone into a factory reset turn phone off, (not always required) Pull Batter, Put Batter back in, Hold VOL Up and PRESS and hold power till the Boot menu comes up select Factory reset (Vol up and Down to select) and press the center home button (Or power), Confirm and watch and see....

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

If there is a option to Clear Cache you can try that before the Factory Reset.....I can't remember if that option is on that screen...

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the proper Procedure....

Turn off the device

PRESS and HOLD: HOME KEY, VOL-UP and POWER Key

When the Phone Vibrates, let go of the power key but continue to hold Vol-UP and HOME Keys

When the Android System Recovery Screen appears, Release the Vol-Up and Home Keys.

Press the Volume down Key to highlight 'wipe cache partition'

Press the Power Key to Select, The hone should automatically restart of the cache is wiped.

0 Likes
krashbandit22

done all of this still stuck !

0 Likes
James425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds to me like the OS is corrupted - I would do like BakerGeckos has said and just do an FDR

With what you have said and the problems you are having I would just dump and start fresh - Sorry

When you FDR it and do the system updates do a backup with Samsung Kies 3

Again I'm sorry I have to say do an FDR, but without me holding it and all I see you said and tried this is all I can safely tell you without turning it into a brick.

I've been in IT for over 25 years and been on Android since Beta days

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah Sounds like a Factory reset which is in that same menu......

0 Likes
Steve0517

I had the same issue this morning. Factory reset did not work. I'm getting a new phone shipped to me tomorrow. It's frustrating because they have S4's in the store but because this is under warranty they have to go through the warranty dept. Nice service Verizon.

0 Likes