Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 stuck on Verizon screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

And I bet you would expect the car, boat, bike and other toy dealerships to fork over a new product as well if something you bought required warranty work. They also have new like items in their stores.

0 Likes
Steve0517

There's no "work' involved. They're sending me a brand new phone versus handing me a new one from the store. With cars, boats and bikes: since there are working parts that can be worked on the companies will replace parts or do other service to the item. With a smartphone, this is not the case, and therefore, is simply a policy and paperwork issue.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

They do work on phones and send them in to get repaired. Usually they send you our a "Like New" Device which is code for refurbished equipment. the S4 is old enough that I am sure that is what you will be getting. I wish you luck and hope this one works out for you....

Mike

0 Likes
dbgt98

I am also having this same issue.  Started ~ 3 days ago with random reboot, then one time it would not boot past the Verizon screen.  Removed battery, and then it rebooted.  2 days later, and several reboots later (seems to happen when pressing the home button to turn on the screen), and now it will not boot past the verizon screen.  Tried wiping the cache (twice as suggested elsewhere) - didn't work.  Then did factory reset, that didn't work.  Tried exchanging the sim card with an identical phone, my phone did not boot past the verizon screen when the other phone did (with my sim card in it).  At a total loss...

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

IF there is no evidence of it dropping or cracked screens and you carry an extended warranty Verizon may assist with a Like new replacement. Other wise there is Assurian if you have that.. Those are the official channels. You can search else were on how to restore a factory image may also help.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Viennamft

Just had the same problem and had to return the phone for an exchange.  Waiting now for a "like new" replacement.  I am very upset over this inconvenience since it was no fault on my behalf.   Verizon may have the best network but their customer service is horrible.   So what if there is a great network if one can't use it?  Anyways,  I BELIEVE SAMSUNG/VERIZON HAVE A PROBLEM GOING ON THAT THEY ARE NOT DISCLOSING.  While at the Verizon store today, one of the employees said I was the 3rd person in a week to come in with the exact problem.

Amy

0 Likes
abshubert

My daughter woke up this morning to her phone stuck on the Verizon screen as well!  She went to bed with it working just fine. I've tried the manual rebooting on start up and still nothing.  It's very frustrating that these phones are hundreds of dollars but then don't work like they should.  Disappointed with Verizon customer service!

0 Likes
Kcharmed

MMight have to do the same. They give you refurb phones , and the last phone I had was a droid 4 they sent me a refurb that had the same problem with it . I ended up having to return 3 phones before I got one that worked.

0 Likes
SamsungGuy602
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: Samsung Galaxy s4 Stuck on Samsung Logo boot screen

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
PKLD

I had the same issue with my daughter's phone. Took it to Best Buy. Reformatted it for $20

0 Likes