Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
snipereye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am ready to upgrade, but no 32GB is a deal breaker for me.  32GB should be the memory standard in 2013.  Looks like I may be looking at AT&T, they have confirmed a 32GB version will be available.

AZSALUKI
Legend

agreed, and the "16" gig version has just under 9 gigs of formatted storage. i think that's fine for the average user, but i wouldn't buy it. i'm using 11 gigs of internal space right now, so i couldn't even put what i have now, on this version of the s4.

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Perhaps VZ is launching the 16GB now, only to offer some fantastically overblown sale at Xmas for the 32GB and 64GB?", she said with great sarcasm.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i could see it. like the razr....."come buy this awesome phone with an OK battery (that we'll sell in a couple of months with an amazing battery)"

0 Likes
joeletaxi
Enthusiast - Level 1

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Verizon doesn't want you screwing up your phone and then sending it in for warranty replacement.  That happens VERY FREQUENTLY and we end up paying for that in the cost of our phones and our plans.  If you're going to screw up your phone, at least be honest and don't file a warranty claim.

Maybe if they didn't lard it up with locked down bloatware fewer people would feel the need to screw up their phones? They can reduce their warranty claims if they get a little smarter. But apparently the bloatware generates enough cash to pay for a certain amount of warranty claims. What I'm saying is .... who screwed up the phone in the first place?

ScorpioBrett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, why can't Verizon be at the forefront in releasing EVERY new phone?  I thought they were the cellular leader?  I guess they are slipping...  I wanted to get the S4 and pre-ordered it, thinking I was going to be the first I knew to get one.  Then my girlfriend went to get hers from AT&T and picked her S4 up that day!!  From the store!!  Verizon doesn't even have a demo to show in their stores.  So disappointing.  The coverage in my area is about the same for AT&T and Verizon.  My company gives the same discount for both.  If I would've know about this I definately would have switched over after 15 years, no doubt.  It pays to shop around!

matt160
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another show stopper is no 32 or 64 GB model. I may also switch carriers since AT&T finally has coverage in the areas I travel.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ScorpioBrett wrote:

I agree, why can't Verizon be at the forefront in releasing EVERY new phone?  I thought they were the cellular leader?  I guess they are slipping...  I wanted to get the S4 and pre-ordered it, thinking I was going to be the first I knew to get one.  Then my girlfriend went to get hers from AT&T and picked her S4 up that day!!  From the store!!  Verizon doesn't even have a demo to show in their stores.  So disappointing.  The coverage in my area is about the same for AT&T and Verizon.  My company gives the same discount for both.  If I would've know about this I definately would have switched over after 15 years, no doubt.  It pays to shop around!

so why don't you cancel the order (or return it as soon as you get it) and switch?

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

AT&T is releasing a 32GB on may 10th so i think it is time that Verizon steps up and does the same 

Marinkidink
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the 16gb isn't being released until the 30th, more than a month after just about everyone else, it wouldn't shock me if the 32gb doesn't come out until late June. That's even if Verizon decides to carry it.

0 Likes