Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
Asmodian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brian68 wrote:

Where do you get that?

Because every time someone says something they don't like about Verizon you state why whatever it is doesn't matter or that it is better the way Verizon does it.

No one even knows what it is and it is a major problem that increases the cost of our phones and plans?

5% of 98.2 million is 4.9 million people, this seems like a lot of people to me.  I would much rather Verizon didn't lock down the boot loader.  I do not believe they do this to "protect" us from ourselves.  I hate the logic that says "I don't use it so no one else should".  If you like all the pre-installed bloatware on your phones more power to you but that doesn't mean everyone has to be happy with it.

nreuter
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Post deleted to comply with VZW ToS.  Discussing rooting, hacking, jail breaking is not allowed on this forum. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nreuter
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know, I use Verizon because the service is hands down the best in my area. I had a T-mobile blackberry for work before and on my ride home I would lose a call in five distinct spots, on the highway. . I've been with Verizon since 2002, so I'm on year 13. Doing the math, having a smartphone since 2009, I've probably spent something north of $17,000 in those 12 years with Verizon.

But I do feel that Verizon is becoming out of touch with consumers and this reputation is in jeapordy. They keep killing features that were important to me.

• NE2 - New every two. Gone.
  • Early upgrades at 20 months - Gone.
  • Unlimited Data - Gone
  • Individual plans - Gone
  • 1 year contracts for a slightly higher phone price - Gone. (I remember the Thunderbolt was an extra $80, $330 instead of $250, for a 1 year contract).

Their marketing is unbelievable also. Yesterday on Facebook they shared a link to a blog post about spring cleaning your unused apps. I thought that was unbelievable given that they preload phones with unremovable Verizon bloatware.

Anyway. Love the service, but if I could get reception with T-mobile I would switch in an instant.

markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yah it's a bummer than VZ is essentially a monopoly in select areas. 

I just plugged in my new Nexus4 via T-Mobile for a trial run & fortunately the reception seems good where I am; which makes for an interesting decision: 

A) $350 phone + $30/mo + unlimited text/data + no contract + no bloatware

vs

B) $200 phone + $70/mo + limited text/data + 2yr contract + loads of bloatware.

Gee I dunno, that's a tough one.  Right up there with Angelina Jolie vs Roseanne Barr.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Asmodian wrote:

Brian68 wrote:

Where do you get that?

Because every time someone says something they don't like about Verizon you state why whatever it is doesn't matter or that it is better the way Verizon does it.

No one even knows what it is and it is a major problem that increases the cost of our phones and plans?

5% of 98.2 million is 4.9 million people, this seems like a lot of people to me.  I would much rather Verizon didn't lock down the boot loader.  I do not believe they do this to "protect" us from ourselves.  I hate the logic that says "I don't use it so no one else should".  If you like all the pre-installed bloatware on your phones more power to you but that doesn't mean everyone has to be happy with it.

i don't think it's a big deal either. the small % of users that REALLY want/need it unlocked, figure it out anyway. just ask my noteii

0 Likes
Not applicable

Asmodian wrote:

Brian68 wrote:

Where do you get that?

>> Post deleted to comply with VZW ToS.  Discussing rooting, hacking, jail breaking is not allowed on this forum. <<

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Lawless13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find VZ's decision to limit our choice to the 16GB version laughable, and loading it with bloatware and tweaking the system until it is crap is just insulting.  'Planned Obsolescence' at it's best!  No matter what they lock down, enterprising people always find a way.

okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

Brian 16GB is not enough anymore, SD Card or not. Android works off of your internal storage and stores Apps there. The SD Card is fine for music/movies but after the OS/Bloatware you are look at 11 out of 16 GB bring available. Many apps are now 1-2GB in size and will only get bigger over the course of a two year contract.

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

I agree. I looked at moving to T-Mobile yesterday and even though I have a significant discount on VZW, my T-Mobile bill would still be almost $80 a month less. I am staying on VZW since I am OK with my phone for now and have unlimited data.

If things are still the same when my contract is up I'll move to Tmo.

0 Likes