Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
AZSALUKI
Legend

@garver.....probably. my "8gig" tbolt had 2.6 gigs of accessible memory. As long as there's a micro sd slot though, it doesn't really matter to the average user. If you load up your phone though, you'll want the 32 gig version foe sure.

nreuter
Enthusiast - Level 2

The difference is the Thunderbolt was on older versions of Android that could install apps to the SD card. Jelly Bean and ICS do not allow that. Therefore, you are much more limited in your application install.

I would say this is primarily important for people who play games on their phone which may be up to 1 - 2 GB in size. You could only get 2 - 3 games on this phone before running out of space, even if you put a 64 GB SD card into the thing.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's why i mentioned that if you load up your phone though, you will want the 32 gig version for sure. the 32 gig version should have at least 25+gigs of usable space. i know there's some games out there that are over 1 gig by themselves, but very few users will fill 25+gigs of storage for apps alone (assuming you store media and data on the sd card).

pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3

And lets hope that vzw doesn't make it worse by doing the same thing with their version of the S4.

http://androidcommunity.com/att-galaxy-s-4-bootloader-is-locked-down-tight-20130430/

0 Likes
Not applicable

At least 95% don't even now what a bootloader is and an equal amount don't care.

0 Likes
Asmodian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow Brian68 you like everything Verizon does, don't you?

Verizon's will be locked down too, Verizon loves to lock as much down as possible.  User choice? No thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Asmodian wrote:

Wow Brian68 you like everything Verizon does, don't you?

Verizon's will be locked down too, Verizon loves to lock as much down as possible.  User choice? No thanks.

Where do you get that? All I said is most people have no clue what a bootlaoder is. That is the truth. I also said most people won't care to use it. That is also true. So in my opinion it's no big deal. Like all the nerds that got mad when Sony took away the ability to use Linux on the PS3. They try to claim how everyone wants it when the truth is people didn't have a clue you could use Linux and most don't even know what Linux is anyway.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

That i have to agree with bootloader thing is no big deal to most just the geeks. On ps3 i'm not %100 sure but didn't ps3 get hack cause of taking that feature away ?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not sure. Probably just criminals wanting to steal CC info. The point is it was a feature maybe 1% actually used.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon doesn't want you screwing up your phone and then sending it in for warranty replacement.  That happens VERY FREQUENTLY and we end up paying for that in the cost of our phones and our plans.  If you're going to screw up your phone, at least be honest and don't file a warranty claim.

0 Likes