Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
windfall

I am sure that the change in the release date allows VZW to unload more of the S3's that are in stock. And remember that it takes a long time to load all of the bloatware on the many phones they expect to sell.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oh so at&t, t-mobile and Sprint don;t load bloatware? Also with that much storage I don't think that's really an issue.

0 Likes
Witling

AT&T has announced availability on April 27, with pre-orders shipped April 30. I think windfall's observation about the time need to load bloatware is pretty close to the mark.

http://www.androidauthority.com/att-galaxy-s4-release-date-april-27-pre-orders-april-25-195432/

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Witling wrote:

AT&T has announced availability on April 27, with pre-orders shipped April 30. I think windfall's observation about the time need to load bloatware is pretty close to the mark.

http://www.androidauthority.com/att-galaxy-s4-release-date-april-27-pre-orders-april-25-195432/

i disagree. every carrier loads bloatware. nobody will believe this, but i have always felt that verizon just has a much more stringent testing process. they may also use the other carriers as a gauge to see just how many they want to order. in any case, they launched the s3 and the note2 later than the rest so i am not at all surprised about this, but bloatware will be on every version so i just don't believe it takes them a month longer to load bloatware than it takes at&t to load their bloatware.

0 Likes
Witling

I had signed up for Verizon Galaxy S 4 notification. Today an email came that said Verizon is now acctpting pre-orders. I'm traveling and can't take the time to look up a link. No word about when Verizon would attempt delivery of the pre-orders.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the same mail. When I clicked the link, it said orders would ship by May 30.

0 Likes
Asmodian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is there no 32 or 64GB option?  Did the larger options really sell so badly?  I really want a 64GB S4. Smiley Sad

A 256GB USB pen drive is pretty cheap now, 16GB in my (fairly expensive) phone seems out of date already.

Not applicable

Do you really need that much stuff on your phone? I believe you can use a SD card in it can you not?

0 Likes
Redleg44

I recdently got a Galaxy III, immediately installed a 64GB microSD card and transferred all my contacts,podcasts, photos, etc onto the phone.  Haven't even filled the internal memory yet.  Are you sure you need a 64 GB internal memory?

0 Likes
pharaoh
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes