Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 announced! Now when can I get one?!
Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suppose an official VZW store rep is not a reputable source for such information too.

0 Likes
HazukaiChgo
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do you mean we can't keep our grandfathered unlimited data? Where did you see that?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That was a policy change that went into effect last June.  In order to keep unlimited data, you can't sign a new two-year contract, i.e., get a subsidized phone.  You'll have to pay full retail price, get the phone from somewhere like ebay or swappa, upgrade another line on your account and then switch phones, or add a line to your account and switch phones.

0 Likes
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not even about the 1 month extra wait time. I recommend you visit the T-Mobile website and check out their "Un-carrier" plans. We're talking about $50/month if you purchase the phone, Verizon doesn't have anything that can get anywhere near that. Even if you finance the phone for 2 years you are significantly cheaper than Verizon.

I'll add that it doesn't help my anxiousness at all that Verizon won't comment at all about their upcoming phones. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an HTC One or a Galaxy S4 as soon as I can, and Verizon's mum position isn't helping them retain this customer.I want to stay with Verizon, but I want it to feel like a wise decision.

Not applicable

Yabadabadooo wrote:

I suppose an official VZW store rep is not a reputable source for such information too.

Considering how many people post here that they were lied to by rep just to make a sale maybe not.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yabadabadooo wrote:

I suppose this is why people have the opportunity to make their own choices.  I do not agree that choosing another carrier based on their device offerings as immature,

I didn't say that. I said if you switch because you can't wait one month and that's the ONLY reason then that is immature.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Vincent_328 wrote:

It's not even about the 1 month extra wait time. I recommend you visit the T-Mobile website and check out their "Un-carrier" plans. We're talking about $50/month if you purchase the phone, Verizon doesn't have anything that can get anywhere near that. Even if you finance the phone for 2 years you are significantly cheaper than Verizon.

A) I have checked the website

B) It's going to cost more than $50 a month

C) T-mobile doesn't offer service within 50 miles of me in any direction so what they offer is moot anyway.

0 Likes
Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe the suggestion to switch to T-mobile is only relevant to consumer's who are actually in the serviceable area...

ಠ_ಠ

Yabadabadooo
Enthusiast - Level 2

May it is! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yabadabadooo wrote:

I believe the suggestion to switch to T-mobile is only relevant to consumer's who are actually in the serviceable area...

ಠ_ಠ

And considering that 1/3 of the US and thus 1/3 of Verizon customers doesn't have access to T-mobile the odds of T-mobile making a serious dent in Verizon numbers are low.

0 Likes